Discover a new way to enjoy your banana blossom or banana hearts! These cheesy banana hearts recipe is a healthy and flavorful snack made with the infamous banana heart with a surprise cheese inside.
CHEESY BANANA BLOSSOMBALLS
Snack balls really make a great meryenda especially when partnered with our favorite dip. There are a variety of snack balls we can choose from like veggie balls, meat balls and many more. If you want to use an extraordinary ingredient or just want to try a new type of snack ball, you’re in the right blog.
Banana heart is one of the infamous vegetables rarely seen at the market. There are only a few types of dishes which uses banana heart as the star ingredient. Being creative with the use of banana heart will let us benefit from its nutrients particularly in potassium and dietary fiber.
Just like other vegetable-based snack balls, banana heart can also be used as the main ingredient in a snack ball. And because Yummy Kitchen is known in being extra, we added a little surprise on the inside of this healthy snack ball. If you got curious on how to make a banana heart ball, read the recipe below and try to make your first one!
HOW TO COOK CHEESY BANANA BLOSSOM BALLS
A lot of people are unfamiliar on how to handle a banana heart. To prepare the banana heart, you need to remove the outer layer and the core. These are hard layers which may not taste good when cooked. To easily remove the core, cut the banana heart into 4 pieces vertically. With this, you can easily slice the core off. As you prepare the banana heart, make sure to soak them in a solution of salt and water. Banana heart darkens easily and soaking them will prevent that to happen. Mince the banana heart into tiny pieces. The banana heart is naturally sappy. Remove this sap by washing and squeezing them in salt water.
Since these minced banana heart will be used as snack balls, it is important to make sure that they are cooked. This step is optional but I highly recommend to blanch the banana heart to cook them a bit. Boil them for a few minutes and then strain. At this point, you can use the minced banana heart like any other ingredients of a snack ball. Simply mix all the ingredients until you form a uniform banana heart mixture. The mixture is too sticky, which is why you need to use to spoons to scoop some mixture and make it into a ball. Don’t forget to place a cheese cube at the center. Before frying, roll the banana heart balls in breadcrumbs to have a crispy crust. The last step is frying the balls. Deep-frying them in hot oil ensures even cooking and a golden brown color. The banana balls are now ready to be served.
Enjoy this healthy and creamy snack with your favorite dip!
Puso ng Saging BallsCourse: Vegetable Recipes
1 big banana heart
1 piece onion, minced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ cup cornstarch
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg
pepper to taste
½ teaspoon paprika powder or chili powder
salt to taste
cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
oil (for deep-frying)
- In a large bowl, mix some salt with water.
- Remove the outer layer of the banana heart. Cut and remove the core. Place the banana hearts in the salt and water solution during preparation. Mince the banana hearts into tiny pieces.
- Gently squeeze the minced banana heart in salt water to remove the sap.
- Blanch the minced banana hearts to cook it a bit (optional step). To blanch, put the banana hearts in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. Strain and squeeze the excess water and let it cool.
- For the banana heart mixture, transfer the minced banana hearts in a large bowl. Add the minced onions, minced garlic, cornstarch, all-purpose flour and egg and mix well. Season with pepper. Add the paprika powder and salt. Mix until well-incorporated.
- Use two spoons to form the mixture into a ball. Add a cheese cube in the center and coat it with the mixture to form a ball. Coat the banana heart balls with breadcrumbs. Repeat these steps with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat some oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the banana hearts balls until light brown. Transfer to a strainer or paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Place the cheesy banana heart balls in a serving plate and serve with your favorite dip. Enjoy!
Puso ng Saging Balls Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 malaking puso ng saging
- 1 sibuyas (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 3 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- ¼ tasa ng cornstarch
- ½ tasa ng harina
- 1 malaking itlog
- ½ kutsarita ng paprika powder o chili powder
- cheddar cheese (hiniwa ng cubes)
- mantika (pangprito)
- Sa isang malaking bowl, paghaluin ang asin at tubig.
- Alisin ang outer layer at ang gitna ng puso ng saging. Ilagay ang mga hiniwang puso ng saging sa pinaghalong tubig at asin habang nagpprepare. Hiwain ng maliliit ang mga puso ng saging.
- Pigain ang puso ng saging na nasa tubig asin para matanggal ang dagta nito.
- Pakuluan saglit ang mga puso ng saging para maluto ng bahagya (optional step lamang ito). Ilagay ang hiniwang puso ng saging sa kumukulong tubig ng 3 hanggang 5 minuto. Alisin ang mga ito sa tubig at pigain. Hayaan itong lumamig ng konti.
- Para magawa ang mixture, ilagay ang mga puso ng saging sa isang bowl. Ilagay ang sibuyas, bawang, cornstarch, harina at itlog. Haluin ng mabuti. Budburan ng paminta at sunod na ilagay ang paprika powder at asin. Haluin ang mga ito ng mabuti.
- Gumamit ng dalawang kutsara sa paggagawa ng balls. Maglagay ng isang cheese cube sa loob at icoat ito ng mixture para maging ball at pagulungin sa breadcrumbs. Gawin ang mga steps na ito sa iba pang ingredients.
- Magpainit ng mantika. Ideep-fry ang cheesy puso ng saging balls hanggang maging light brown. Ilagay ang mga ito sa isang strainer o paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika.
- Ilipat ang cheesy banana heart balls sa isang serving plate at iserve kasama ang iyong favorite na dip. Enjoy!