Pechay with Ground Pork is Filipino dish made by cooking pechay, ground pork, tomatoes, onions, garlic, in a salty umami sauce mix of soy sauce, pepper, and fish sauce. It is also known as Ginisang Pechay in Tagalog and will take only 30 minutes or less.
Pechay with ground pork ingredients?
How to make this healthy, affordable and easy to make this ground pork and pechay recipe? Start with washing the pechay leaves by rinsing it under running water, chopping off the bottom of the plant as these are too hard, then roughly chopping the vegetable into bite-sized pieces or smaller. These are set aside while cooking the base of tomatoes to add a savory richness with garlic and onions as aromatics. The thawed ground pork is then added into the pan, cooked till lightly browned before adding in the pechay and sauce made of soy sauce, pepper, and fish sauce which gives you that salty, savory and umami hit, mixing everything together till the pechay leaves wither. Give this a taste, adding in more of the soy sauce, fish sauce, pepper, or even salt if needed before serving this hot with a side of freshly cooked rice. Try out this deliciously fibrous and yummy ginisang pechay with ground pork recipe below.
Can you do these with other vegetables or meats?
There are a lot of possible variations for this dish. From changing the ground pork with egg to make “Ginisang Pechay with Egg”, or taking out the meat and adding more leafy vegetables to create “Ginisang Pechay without meat”, or replace pechay with bok choy to make a “Ground Pork Bok choy recipes”. Truly a simple and easy recipe anyone can do and can customize with ingredients you have at home.
Pechay with Ground PorkCourse: MainCuisine: Filipino
2 bunches of pechay
3 tomatoes, roughly sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 kilo ground pork
4 tablespoons soy sauce
Fish sauce to taste
Pepper to taste
- Prepare pechay by giving these a good rinse before chopping off the ends (bottom). After, chop the whole vegetable into bite sized pieces or smaller.
- In a lightly oiled pan, saute the tomatoes, onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in the ground pork and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or till the pork has lightly browned.
- Place in the pechay, soy sauce, pepper, and fish sauce. Mix for 1 to 2 minutes, making sure everything is well combined.
- Take it off from the pan, serve, and enjoy!
Other Yummy Pork Giniling based Recipes!
- Adobong Talong with Pork (Eggplant adobo with Pork)
- Adobong Sitaw (String bean Adobo with Pork)
- Pork Giniling with Quail Eggs (Stewed ground Pork with Quail Eggs)
- Eggplant Stir-fry with Ground Pork
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Homemade Skinless Longganisa (Homemade Filipino Breakfast Sausages)
- Dynamite lumpia (a cheesy, and meaty, green chili wrapped in a spring roll wrapper snack)
Ginisang Pechay ( with) Pork Resipi: (Tagalog version)
Mga Sangkap :
- 2 tangkas ng pechay
- 3 kamatis, tinadtad
- 1 sibuyas, hiniwa
- 2 butil ng bawang, tinadtad
- 1/4 kilo giniling na baboy
- 4 kutsarang soy sauce
- Patis panlasa
- Paminta panlasa
Paano Lutuin :
- Ihanda ang mga pechay, banlawan and hugasin bago tanggalin ang mga dulo nito. Pagkatapos, hiwain ng maliit ang mga ito.
- Sa kawali na may konting mantika, lutuin ang mga kamatis, sibuyas, at bawang hanggang mabango.
- Isama ang giniling na baboy at lutuin ng 10 o 12 na minuto, o hanggang bahagyang kayumanggi ang kulay ng giniling.
- Ihalo ang pechay, soy sauce, paminta, at patis sa kawali. Haluin ng 1 o 2 minuto hanggang maluto ang gulay at matakpan ang lahat ng ito ng sarsa.
- Tanggalin sa kawali, ihanda, at ienjoy!