Macaroni that is fruity? Get it here! No more umay when your two favorite salads are fused into one! Enjoy your favorite macaroni salad fruitier and better with this macaroni fruit salad! Chilled creamy macaroni salad with bits of your favorite cherries, papaya, pineapple and colorful nata de coco. What more can you ask for?
MACARONI FRUIT SALAD
To be honest, I was really surprised that this type of dish exist. With all the macaroni salad and fruit salad I made, who would have thought that you can still make it yummier?
I first had this dish during the graduation celebration of one of my friends. I don’t feel like eating rice during that time, so I locked my eyes with the macaroni salad. I was about to get some because the dish really looked like macaroni salad! But when I chewed a bit, there was a papaya!! At first, I though that there was just a mistake on scooping, use of serving spoon, etc. ) But no!! The fruits were really mixed up with the macaroni salad.
I tasted them and got surprised on its mouthfeel. There is a combination of sweetness, sourness, freshness and creaminess all in one bite! Super yum!
I told my mom about this dish and she bursted into laughters. But I challenged her to make the dish with me first before continuing her comments. Since it is super easy, my mom and I made it immediately and her feelings and reactions towards this dish changed to better.
If you wanna know how to make a very simple macaroni fruit salad, read and learn the recipes below! 🙂
HOW TO COOK MACARONI FRUIT SALAD
If you have tried making macaroni salad and fruit salad separately in the past, this recipe will be super easy for you.
First, let us prepare the macaroni pasta. Cook it according to package instructions. We Pinoys were used to adding oil and salt to the pasta. We believe, and also based on experience, that the cooked pasta do not stick to each other when cooked because of the oil. Once cooked, let it cool down completely before proceeding with the other steps. (Remember that we are making a dessert! Brr Brr!)
The next steps would include combining the macaroni pasta and the fruit salad ingredients. Aside from the fruit cocktail, you can add any fruit you like! Simply combine them all in a large bowl and toss them up gently until well mixed. And you’re done!
Remember to chill them first before serving. Yum!
Macaroni Fruit SaladCourse: Desserts, Pasta Recipes
250 grams macaroni
255 grams fruit cocktail (drained)
1 cup apple (diced)
200 grams green nata de coco (drained)
200 grams red nata de coco (drained)
1/3 cup cheddar cheese (diced)
250 ml mayonnaise
250 ml all purpose cream
300 ml condensed milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
1 liter water (for boiling)
- Put some water to a boil. Add the uncooked macaroni and some salt and oil. Stir a bit. Cover the pan and wait until the macaroni is cooked. (Be careful not to overcook.)
- Drain the macaroni pasta and let it cool down first for 1 – 2 hours.
- Once the macaroni is completely cool, transfer it to a large bowl. Add the fruit cocktail, red nata or kaong, green nata, diced apples and other fruits you like.
- Next, add the cheese, mayonnaise, all purpose cream and condensed milk. Toss and mix until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let it chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve the chilled macaroni fruit salad and enjoy!
Macaroni Fruit Salad Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 250 grams macaroni
- 255 grams fruit cocktail (drained)
- 1 tasa ng apple (hiniwa ng cubes)
- 200 grams green nata de coco (drained)
- 200 grams red nata de coco (drained)
- 1/3 tasa ng cheddar cheese (diced)
- 250 ml mayonnaise
- 250 ml all purpose cream
- 300 ml condensed milk
- Cherries (optional)
- 1 kutsarita ng asin
- 1 kutsara ng mantika
- 1 litro ng tubig (pang kulo)
- Magpakulo ng tubig. Ilagay ang macaroni at lagyan ng konting asin at mantika. Haluin ng konti. Takpan ang kawali at hayaang maluto ang macaroni. (Wag iovercook),
- Salain ang macaroni pasta at palamigin muna ito ng 1 – 2 oras.
- Kapag malamig na ang macaroni, ilipat ito sa malaking bowl. Sunod na ilagay ang fruit cocktail, red nata o kaong, green nata, apples at iba pang prutas na gusto mo ihalo.
- Sunod na ilagay ang cheese, mayonnaise, all purpose cream at condensed milk. Haluin nang mabuti.
- Takpan ang bowl gamit ang plastic wrap at palamigin ito ng 4 hours o overnight.
- Iserve ang macaroni fruit salad habang malamig. Enjoy!