Low-Carb Bibingka is a low carb version of bibingka is made by coconut flour, all purpose flour, eggs, baking powder, butter, vanilla, salted eggs, cheese strips and equal sugar-less to reduce the energy intake. With the use of alternative ingredients, this bibingka tastes and feels like the classic bibingka but with lower carbohydrate content to suit the people who needs it. Fluffy and moist, best served during an afternoon snack! Yummy!
LOW CARB BIBINGKA
I have been receiving a lot of request to make low carb recipes on Facebook. And because I really love you guys, I consulted a nutritionist friend of mine regarding these recipes. My bibingka recipe gained a lot of likes and positive feedback which is why I chose to transform your favorite snack to a low carb one.
Quick science: What does low-carb means? It simply means that a food item has lesser carbohydrate content when compared to other dishes. Foods mostly rich in carbohydrates are the one who belong to Go Foods which include rice, bread, milk, starchy vegetables, sugar and many more.
Why are most people “afraid” of carbohydrates? The only real answer to that is that carbohydrates turns into body fat when we consume it in excess. Which is why even the slightest carbohydrates are linked to weight gain. A lot of keto-friendly recipes, which my nutritionist friend corrected to just being “low carb” recipes, are booming now that people developed their fitness goals.
My nutritionist friend would like to remind everyone that there’s nothing to be afraid of carbohydrates. It’s up to us to consume a BALANCED DIET and make wise decisions in choosing our food items to achieve or health goals.
If you’re gonna look at the carbohydrate-rich ingredients, these are the ones who produces the best recipes. This is why specialty items are formulated to give the people convenience regarding food decisions. Equal Gold (not sponsored) for example, is an artificial sweetener used to replace sugar. This is most beneficial to the diabetics who needs to control their blood sugar.
There’s a whole array of recipes we can make using alternative ingredients which are deemed healthier. I used specialty ingredients to make the bibingka as healthier as I can get without altering the taste and texture. If you want to learn how to make this low-carb bibingka, read the recipe below and try to make some for your own!
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB BIBINGKA
Preparing the low carb bibingka is similar to the regular bibingka. But instead of the usual ingredients, we will use specialty items which will adhere to our goal.
To have a smooth preparation, line your bibingka cups with pliable banana leaves and brush them with melted butter or coconut oil. The bibingka batter is made by simply mixing all the batter ingredients until smooth. If you might notice, instead of using all purpose flour, we use the coconut flour and instead of white sugar, we used Equal Gold. These items are what contributes the low carb feature of our dish. Put your desired toppings. I decided to use the salted egg and cheese strips for the complete authentic bibingka vibes. Bake your bibingka until it becomes soft and fluffy. This snack is best eaten as an afternoon snack together with a hot coffee also made sweet using Equal Gold. Enjoy!
Low-Carb BibingkaCourse: Uncategorized
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup all purpose cream or coconut cream
6 medium-sized eggs
8 sachets Equal gold or Stevia
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup melted butter (unsalted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
salted eggs (for topping)
cheese strips (for topping)
banana leaves (optional)
- Pass the banana leaves quickly over the flame to wilt and become pliable. Wipe them with clean cloth to remove dirt. Line your bibingka cups with the banana leaves and trim off the excess. Grease them with melted butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, all purpose cream, melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder. Mix well until smooth.
- Add the low-carb sweeteners and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased bibingka cups and top with salted eggs and cheese strips.
- Bake the mixture in a pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes using 180C.
- Transfer the low-carb bibingka in a serving plate. Enjoy with some hot coffee also sweetened using Equal Gold.
Paano magluto ng Low-carb Bibingka
- ½ tasa ng coconut flour
- ½ tasa ng all purpose cream o coconut cream
- 6 itlog
- 8 sachets ng Equal gold o Stevia
- 1 ½ kutsarita ng baking powder
- ¼ tasa ng unsalted butter (tinunaw)
- 1 kutsarita ng vanilla extract
- itlog na maalat (pang topping)
- grated cheese (pang topping)
- dahon ng saging (optional)
- Padaanin sa apoy ang mga dahon ng saging para lumambot. Punasan ang mga ito ng malinis na tela. Lagyan ng dahon ng saging ang mga bibingka cups at gupitin ang mga extra. I-brush ang mga ito ng tunaw na butter o coconut oil.
- Sa isang malaking bowl, paghaluin ang itlog, all purpose cream, tunaw na butter at vanilla extract. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Ilagay ang coconut flour at baking powder. Haluin hanggang maging smooth.
- Ilagay ang artificial sweeteners at haluin ng mabuti.
- Ilagay ang batter sa bibingka cups at lagyan ng itlog na maalat at cheese strips sa ibabaw.
- I-bake ang mga bibingka sa pre-heated oven ng 15 hanggang 20 minutes gamit ang 180C.
- Ilipat ang mga low-carb bibingka sa isang serving plate. Iserve ito kasama ng mainit na kape na pinatamis din ng equal gold. Enjoy!