Cheesy Hot dog toasted sandwich is is a toasted sandwich with cheese and hotdog filling and is really scrumptious snack with mouth watering taste. This easy to do, crispy toasty outside filled with a cheesy and meaty hotdog filled inside. From afternoon snacks, or paired with a warm soup on a wintery day or for a easy to do dinner, this snack turned any time of the day dish isn’t only fun to do but customizable to suit your tastes. Once you’ve taken a bite’s were sure you’d agree that this simple Cheesy Hot dog Toast is something you’ll keep coming back for!
Cheesy Hot dog Toast
What makes this Cheesy Hot dog toast great?
Hot dogs can be seen as a American icon by the estimated rate of around 7 billion hot dogs eaten in the United States for the duration of Memorial day and Labor day alone. The number of hot dogs skyrocketing especially on grilling season. No matter how it’s prepare the wiener, boiled or grilled, or added into many dishes. There’s just a multitude of ways to prepare the famous hot dog. For this Cheesy Hot dog toast, all you need to do it cook the hot dogs according to the packaging. You can also use sausages if you prefer. These are then taken to be sliced to circles or vertically, preparing 4 pieces of bread slathering them with mayonnaise and topping them with sliced hot dogs topped with sliced of cheese, they are then sealed with another bread slice, pressed to seal and coated with a milk and egg mixture, toated over a pan greased with butter.
A short history on the Hot dog
While it may have been called an American favorite. It wasn’t always an ‘all America’ thing. Sausages have been a dish that has been deeply rooted in their history, easily found at butcher shops, these are also found and eaten from home, to festivals, street fairs and beer gardens. German sausages like the frankfurter , pork based, beef based, liver based, and many more versions and inventions of these meaty deliciousness traveled from Germany to the United States. The German hot dog arriving in 1800’s on American roots. The hot dogs were then blended with both culinary cultures and made into the ‘all beef hot dog’, which was rooted, from Jewish American butchers. Who due to Kosher restrictions did not use pork for their hot dog meat filling blend. Then started the hot dog’s path to being one of the most beloved snacks of all time. Starting with New York City Hot dog carts, fitting for people on the go and are always in hurry, needing to eat while traveling to their next destination without worrying about crumbs or find an easy way to travel with.
Enamored by the idea of food you can eat on the streets, the German snack was first seen sold in around the 1840’s and became even more prevalent in the 1860’s. When the hot dog got its first break, it was at Coney Island by a Brooklyn entrepreneurial baker called Charles Feltman who sold the hot dogs in a pie cart. Coney island then became the spot where people would go fro recreation and became popular there, similarly the bun that held the hot dog was created by a partnership Feltman had with a restaurant and hotel in around 1873. And when the hot dog boom came and Coney Island turned into the epicenter of summer fun, the hot dog became a snack that just came to be and was suddenly beloved by many Americans, and soon because of the food’s popularity, came to be sold around the world.
Just give these a try! You’ll find yourself smiling at childhood memories and a delightful bite of cheesy goodness!
Cheesy Hot dog ToastCourse: SnacksCuisine: American
A fun cheesy easy snack for the afternoon
3 – 4 pieces hot dogs or sausages
4 pieces white bread
½ cup evaporated milk or fresh milk
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
butter for frying
- First, cook the hot dogs or sausages according to the packaging. After, sliced these to circles and set aside.
- Prepare 4 slices of bread. Spread mayonnaise on one side. Place the hotdogs over the mayonnaise, then layer on the cheese, and cover with another bread, mayonnaise side down. Press to seal. Repeat for the other pair of bread.
- For the coating, in a pan, mix the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Soak both sides of the sandwich. Take these out.
- Prepare a pan at medium heat, melt butter and place the sandwich in, cook for 3 -5 minutes on each side or till it looks golden brown.
- Take it off the heat, slice and serve!
Want something cheesy, easy, and quick to do? Then this Cheesy Hot dog toast is the right snack for you! This recipe is great for those people on the go or needs a quick treat to munch on in the afternoon or for a cheesy midnight snack or even a quick to do lunch for game night to pair off with soup or a side of chips to complete it. Don’t worry or rush to make any snack if needed, try out this cheesy hot dog toast recipe and sit back and relax.
Cheesy Hot dog Sauce (tagalog)
- 3 – 4 piraso hot dogs o sausages
- hiwahiwa na keso
- 4 piraso tinapay
- 2 itlog
- ½ tasa evaporated milk o gatas
- ½ kutsaritang asin
- ½ kutsaritang paminta
- mantikilya pang prito
- Una, lutuin ang mga hot dogs, ayon sa pakete. Hiwain ng pabilog at itabi.
- Ihanda ang 4 na hiwa ng tinapay. Pahiran ng mayonnaise sa isang tabi. Lagyan ng hotdogs sa itaas, pagkatapos lagyan ng keso, takpan ng tinapay na nakababa ang mayonnaise na gilid. Ulitin para sa kapareho nito.
- Para sa coating, sa trey haluin ang itlog, gatas, asin at paminta. Ibabad ang bawat gilid ng sandwich at itabi.
- Maghanda ng kawali na may katamtamang init, tunawin ang mantikilya at lutuin ang sancwich ng 3-5 minuto bawat gilid o hanggang mag kayumanggi ng kulay.
- Tanggalin sa init, hatiin bago ihanda.