This hot fudge chocolate pudding cake is a soft and delectable dessert that is made with dark chocolate, milk, All purpose cream, corn starch, sugar, cocoa powder and gelatin powder. It is super sweet so beware for the diabetics! Dust with more chocolate as you serve it on your plate for maximum chocolatey overload!
CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE
Having intense chocolate cravings really bothers me and I really need to have my chocolate fix. As I saw a recipe video of the chocolate pudding on facebook, I literally drooled. I sat down a bit and though that making this cake might be expensive since the chocholate pudding cake look so bongga. I listed the ingredients and ran over my pantry to check. The ingredients are really simple and it is surprising how it can result to this delectable dessert.
A chocolate pudding is a sweet custard dessert which is thick and super sweet. Its texture may be described between jelly and mousse. Different thickeners may be used to make the pudding. Eggs, starch and gelatin are the most common. In this recipe, gelatin will be used. The gelatin is super strong as a thickening agent so only a few powder is needed for a tub of chocolate pudding.
Making the chocolate pudding is super easy compared to what you expected. But I highly suggest to obtain the best chocolate you can for an overloaded chocolatey goodness! To know how to make a chocolate pudding, simply follow the easy steps below.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE
If you look at the glamorous and instagrammable pictures of the chocolate pudding cake, you might probably think that this cake uses a bunch of expensive ingredients. You will be surprised that it uses very simple ingredients which are more likely available in your pantry.
In this recipe, I used a dark chocolate bar which I chopped into tiny pieces. The chocolate will be melted for later so alternatively, you can use dark chocolate chips to save time. To make the pudding mixture, simply combine all other ingredients into a large bowl. To prevent lumps, strain the mixture before putting them in a pot. The next thing to do is cook the mixture until it thickens.
Remove the pot from the heat and add the chocolate. It will melt from the remaining heat of the mixture. Pour the pudding mixture into a container or mold. Make sure to line it with parchment paper for easy removal for later. Let it cool and chill overnight. The firmness we are looking for is similar to a firm gelatin. Flip the pudding into a serving plate. Dust it with a lot of cocoa powder. The chocolate pudding cake is now ready to serve.
Even with other cakes, some people are having a hard time of having a clean cut. A hack would be heating the cutting edge of the knife before slicing. Also, wipe the knife off before heating again and cutting another slice. And voila! Clean cut. Enjoy your chocolate pudding cake!
Chocolate Pudding CakeCourse: Uncategorized
3 cups milk (fresh milk/ whole milk/ evaporated milk)
2 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin powder
1 cup all purpose cream (or heavy cream or whipping cream)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ cup dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- Chop the dark chocolate or prepare the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the evaporated milk, unflavoured gelatin powder, all purpose cream and sugar. Mix well to dissolve.
- Add the unsweetened cocoa powder and cornstarch. Mix well until all powder are dissolved.
- Strain the mixture into a pot to remove lumps.
- Cook the mixture using low heat. Stir continuously to prevent the mixture to stick at the bottom. Let it cook until it thickens.
- Turn the heat off. Add the chopped dark chocolate into the mixture and stir until it completely melts.
- Line your container with parchment paper. Pour the pudding mixture while hot. Let it cool and then chill overnight.
- Flip the chocolate pudding into a serving plate. Remove the parchment paper gently. Dust with some cocoa powder.
- Heat your knife before slicing for a clean cut. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 3 tasa ng gatas (fresh milk/ whole milk/ evaporated milk)
- 2 kutsarita ng unflavoured gelatin powder
- 1 tasa ng all purpose cream (o heavy cream o whipping cream)
- 1 tasa ng asukal
- 1/3 tasa ng cornstarch
- ½ tasa ng unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tasa ng dark chocolate (o chocolate chips)
- Hiwain ang dark chocolate o ihanda ang chocolate chips. Isantabi.
- Sa malaking bowl, paghaluin ang evaporated milk, unflavoured gelatin powder, all purpose cream at asukal. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Ilagay ang unsweetened cocoa powder at cornstarch. Haluin ng mabuti hanggang matunaw ang powder.
- I-strain ang mixture sa pot para maalis ang lumps.
- Lutuin ang mixture gamit ang mababang apoy. Haluin ng tuloy-tuloy para hindi dumikit ang mixture. Hayaan itong maluto hanggang lumapot.
- Patayin ang apoy. Ilagay ang hiniwang dark chocolate sa mixture at haluin hanggang matunaw.
- Lagyan ng parchment paper ang iyong container. Ilagay ang pudding mixture habang mainit pa. Palamigin at ilagay ito sa ref overnight.
- Baliktarin ang chocolate pudding sa serving plate. Alisin ang parchment paper ng dahan-dahan. Lagyan ng cocoa powder ang ibabaw.
- Painitin ang kutsilyo para sa malinis na hiwa. Iserve ng malamig. Enjoy!