Love eating on a bowl? I bet this rice topper would amaze you! The chicken stir fry features tender cuts of boneless chicken, all coated with the sweet, salty, sour and umami sauce. With the interplay of complex flavors, topping this dish on hot steaming rice will surely be a satisfying experience. Try some today!
CHICKEN STIR FRY
I got a nice new bowl recently (it was yellow!) and I have been really fond eating out on it then. Ever since I started cooking, I use a nice plain flat plate on which I decorate the food I cooked on my vlogs. But after so many years, it is just now again that I’ve got to eat rice in a bowl.
With this bowl, I can already foresee that most of the dishes I’ll cook for the week are rice toppers. Rice toppers are really so convenient since you are able to scoop the viand and the rice at the same time. Super convenient right? And what I like with these dishes is that they are usually boneless ones. And with using the bowl, you wont be needing a fork! You can survive with just a spoon or chopsticks. I have so many reasons on turning back on eating on a bowl but that wouldn’t fit this article.
Since my love for rice toppers are really hyped lately, one of my favorite rice toppers is the chicken stir fry. As the name suggests, it is simply a stir fried chicken recipe. But of course, to prevent the dryness of the dish, I added a special sauce to it. The sauce I chose to add was made with salty, sour, sweet and umami ingredients so that there will be surely an interplay of flavors with every bite.
Aside from chicken stir fry, you can opt to change the meat according to your preference. If you wanna know how to make some chicken stir fry, continue reading the recipe below. Happy cooking!
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN STIR FRY
Chicken stir fry is one of the easiest recipes you can make with the smallest energy to expend. This recipe is targetted to be a rice topper.
To start, choose your chicken meat. I usually use lean parts for this one and the boneless ones. Marinate the chicken with the spices and with cornstarch (will make it crispy for later).
While marinating the chicken, lets prepare the sauce. The sauce will be a major factor for the dish and will be the defining component. This sauce will be made by simply combining the seasonings and umami sauces. The combination of these ingredients are adjusted to the Filipino palate. Adding hot sauce is totally optional (I’m telling you, some spice kick will really make you drool!).
Now that the chicken and the sauce are prepared, lets do the cooking! Start by frying the chicken meat. Simply fry them in enough oil. When the crusts are starting to become brown and crispy, that’s when you’ll know they’re yumyum!
After you cook the chicken, don’t discard the oil. This is contains chicken flavor and all the spices added to it. Let us use this as the oil base in sauteing the other ingredients. Once you’re done sauteing the other ingredients, bring the chicken back to the pan and then pour the yummy sauce. Gently toss until all ingredients are coated with the sauce. Don’t forget to have a final taste and season with salt and pepper.
I like my chicken stir fry with some bit of crunch so I usually add some freshly chopped spring onions. You can also add some fresh parsley if you like.
Now that the chicken stir fry is done, grab your bowl and lets top it on some hot steaming rice! Enjoy!
Chicken Stir-fryCourse: Chicken Recipes
½ kilo chicken
1 sliced onion
2 bell peppers (chopped)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 thumb ginger (sliced)
4 chili peppers (sliced)
2 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon white pepper
⅓ cup sweet style banana ketchup
Hot sauce (to taste)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 sachet oyster sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Brown sugar to taste
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare the chicken and place them in a bowl. Add the paprika powder, white pepper, garlic powder, salt, and cornstarch. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ketchup, oyster sauce, hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, and sesame oil. Gently stir until well combined and no lumps. Set aside.
- Heat enough oil in a pan. Add the chicken pieces and then cook using medium fire for a few minutes until slightly browned. Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and transfer them to another container.
- In the same pan, add the onions, ginger, and garlic then saute them for a few minutes until light brown and aromatic. Add some chili peppers based on how spicy you like them. Add the bell peppers and saute for a few minutes (do not overcook).
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pan and toss gently until well mixed.
- Pour the sauce made earlier. Stir well until the sauce coats all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Add a bunch of spring onions and toss again.
- Transfer the chicken stir fry to a serving plate. Serve with newly steamed rice. Enjoy!
Chicken Stir-fry Recipe (TAGALOG)
- ½ kilo manok
- 1 sibuyas (hiniwa)
- 2 bell peppers (hiniwa)
- 4 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 1 luya (hiniwa)
- 4 sili (hiniwa)
- 2 kutsarita ng paprika powder
- 1 kutsarita ng garlic powder
- 1 kutsarita ng white pepper
- ⅓ tasa ng sweet style banana ketchup
- hot sauce (optional)
- 2 kutsara ng toyo
- 1 sachet ng oyster sauce
- 1 kutsara ng apple cider vinegar
- Asukal na pula
- 1 kutsara ng cornstarch
- 1 kutsarita ng sesame oil
- asin at paminta
- Linisin at ihanda ang mga manok at ilagay sa isang bowl. Ilagay ang paprika powder, white pepper, garlic powder, asin at cornstarch. Haluin ito ng mabuti. Isantabi.
- Sa maliit na bowl, paghaluin ang toyo, ketchup, oyster sauce, hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, asukal na pula, cornstarch at sesame oil. Haluin ng mabuti hanggang wala nang lumps. Isantabi.
- Magpainit ng mantika. Ilagay ang mga manok at lutuin ng ilang minuto gamit ang katamtamang apoy hanggang maging brown. Ilipat ang mga manok sa lalagyan.
- Sa parehas na kawali, ilagay ang sibuyas, luya, bawang at igisa ng ilang minuto hanggang maging light brown. Maglagay ng sili kung gusto mo itong maging maanghang. Sunod na ilagay ang bell peppers at igisa ng ilang minuto (wag iovercook).
- Huling ilagay ang mga manok sa kawali at haluin para madistribute ang ingredients.
- Ilagay ang ginawang sauce. Haluin ng mabuti para malagyan ng sauce ang bawat ingredient. Budburan ng asin at paminta. Maglagay ng spring onions at haluin.
- Ilagay ang chicken stir fry sa serving plate. Ilagay ito sa ibabaw ng bagong saing na kanin. Enjoy!