Teriyaki chicken wings are Asian-flavoured crunchy chicken wings tossed in a sweet and tangy sauce filled with complex flavors from soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey and sugar. It best served during special occasions or even for a simple midday snack. This teriyaki wings or chicken teriyaki wings is a flavorful and mouth-watering finger food you can enjoy with your friends and family.
Chicken wings is one of the most requested dish every time we celebrate a birthday in our house. I guess you cannot name anyone who doesn’t love chicken wings. As a chicken lover, chicken wings is a very flexible chicken dish where you can experiment with your favorite dips and sauces. So far I have tried a few sauces and I’m always up for learning more.
Teriyaki sauce is literally one of my favourites. It is a great choice if you’re a fan of soy sauce or Asian cuisines flavors. There are a lot of ready-to-use teriyaki sauce from the grocery but homemade sauces are still the best for me. You can always adjust the flavor based on your liking.
I tried teriyaki chicken wings for my mother’s birthday just a few days ago. I made a large batch of 30 pieces and still not enough for us. This finger-licking teriyaki chicken wings is tangy and sweet. I usually garnished with them with chopped scallions or sesame seeds. Since I used my own homemade teriyaki sauce, my chicken wings are so saucy and the first one you can smell from the dining table. If this makes you drool too, give this recipe a try!
HOW TO COOK TERIYAKI CHICKEN WINGS
The best chicken wings are the large ones. They are much easier to handle and will give you the juiciest ones. Start by marinating the chicken wings with salt and pepper. While waiting, make the breading by combining all ingredients into a bowl and mix until well-combined. Coat the chicken wings in the dry coating and then deep fry. If you want to use less oil, you can opt to bake or air-fry the chicken wings. Cook them in batches to allow them to cook evenly. After the first set of frying, allow them to rest for a while.
The secret for a super crispy and crunchy chicken for teriyaki chicken wings is double frying. When you first fry the chicken, some of the moisture from the first layer goes up. By double frying, you are gonna dry up this moisture for some extra crispy crust. For the second set of frying, our goal is to fast-fry the chicken wings in high heat. Prepare your strainers for the second fry will only last for 2 minutes. After draining the excess oil, the fried chicken wings are done. It is now time to make the teriyaki sauce.
The teriyaki sauce for teriyaki chicken wings is much easier to make. Simply mix the ingredients in a heated pan until they form in a luscious mouth-watering sauce. You may reduce the sauce even further to punch up the flavor. Add the fried chicken wings in the pan and gently toss. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve your teriyaki wings. Papak time! Happy eating!
Teriyaki Chicken WingsCourse: Chicken Recipes
500 grams chicken wings
salt and pepper
For the breading:
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika powder
For the teriyaki sauce:
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and then mix well. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- For the breading, combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika powder in a small bowl and mix well.
- Coat the chicken wings using the breading. Deep fry the wings using medium heat for 10 minutes until light brown. Transfer the wings to a strainer or paper towel to drain excess oil. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Set the heat to high. Double-fry the chicken wings for around 2 minutes until golden brown. Transfer the wings to a strainer or paper towel to drain excess oil.
- For the teriyaki sauce, add the soy sauce, brown sugar and honey in a pan. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Cook the mixture using low heat. Once boiling, add the minced ginger, garlic and sesame seeds. Stir well.
- When the sauce is reduced, add the chicken wings to the pan and gently toss until well-coated with the teriyaki sauce.
- Transfer the teriyaki chicken wings to a serving plate. You can make papak the wings or serve it with hot steaming rice. Enjoy!
Teriyaki Chicken Wings Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 500 grams pakpak ng manok
- asin at paminta
Para sa breading:
- ¼ tasa ng harina
- ¼ tasa ng cornstarch
- ½ kutsarita ng asin
- ½ kutsarita ng paminta
- ½ kutsarita ng garlic powder
- ½ kutsarita ng paprika powder
Para sa teriyaki sauce:
- 1/3 tasa ng toyo
- 2 kutsara ng asukal na pula
- 2 kutsara ng honey
- 1 kutsarita ng luya (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 2 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 1 kutsara ng sesame seeds
PAANO LUTUIN ANG TERIYAKI CHICKEN WINGS:
- Ilagay ang mga chicken wings sa isang malaking bowl. Budburan ng asin at paminta at haluin ng mabuti. I-marinate ito ng 15 minuto.
- Para sa breading, paghaluhaluin ang harina, cornstarch, asin, paminta, garlic powder at paprika powder sa isang bowl at haluin ng mabuti.
- Lagyan ng breading ang mga chicken wings. I-deep fry ang mga ito ng 10 minuto gamit ang katamtamang apoy hanggang maging light brown. Ilipat ang mga ito sa isang strainer o paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika. Isantabi ang mga ito ng 15 minuto.
- Gamit ang mataas na apoy, idouble-fry ang mga chicken wings ng 2 minuto hanggang maging golden brown. Ilipat ang mga ito sa isang strainer o paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika.
- Para sa teriyaki sauce, ilagay ang toyo, asukal na pula at honey sa isang kawali. Haluin ang mga ito hanggang matunaw ang asukal. Lutuin ang sauce gamit ang mababang apoy. Kapag kumukulo na, ilagay ang luya, bawang at sesame seeds. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Kapag lumapot na ang sauce, ilagay ang chicken wings at dahan dahang haluin hanggang malagyan ng teriyaki sauce ang bawat piraso.
- Ilipat ang teriyaki chicken wings sa isang serving plate. Papakin ang mga ito o ihain kasama ang mainit na kanin. Enjoy!