No Yeast Donuts is made by filling sweet custard inside a donut made with egg, sugar, all purpose flour, powdered milk and with baking powder. These No Yeast Donuts are an easy to do, delicious treat that’s not only zero fuss but are quick to make! Have a go with this No Yeast Donut recipe and just see your kids, friend and family wait around the kitchen anticipating for the first donut to take a bite of.
Can you really make these without Yeast?
Yes you can! Though Donuts with yeast can make that really nice soft and fluffy donuts that gives you a great bun that is elastic enough to be filled with a creamy custard. No yeast donuts can still be that soft bun that’s decorated beautifully with granulated sugar and filled with custard. There’s nothing like fresh donuts that are warm to the touch and ready to be eaten, but there’s also no way to deny that these custard filled buns are deliciously addicting. One way that this No Yeast Donut works is that it’s made of baking powder which helps rise the dough to give it its donut shape, it puff up big enough to be able to handing the filling. In this case since unlike yeast using baking powder may make baked goods rise, but it can also deflate, that’s why it would be best to fill the donuts while it’s still warm.
How to make these No Yeast Donuts?
This donut recipe can also make mini donut balls where you can fill them with custard or dip them in a cinnamon powder and sugar mixture. Any which way, you can easily make these donuts to suit you and fill them up with our delicious custard. To make these delicious easy to do no yeast donuts, all you need to do is do the custard beforehand, you want to make this first to give it time to cool down and be thick enough that it wont melt of the donut while the donut is still a bit warm. All you need to do is mix the egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch to thicken, milk and whipping cream or all purpose cream, you’ll need to use milk and cream to remove any egg-y flavor that the yolk may still have especially if there are any egg whites hanging on the yolk. Mixed before adding it over the heat, this is to ensure that the eggs won’t get cooked before mixing everything together, once it thickens, turn the heat off and add the butter, mixing till it melts to give you a nice smooth and silky texture. Transferring it over to another container to avoid burning it in the pan, set aside to cool or cover and chill in the fridge while you make the donuts.
To make these no yeast dough donuts, all you need to do is mix up eggs, sugar, and water together. Sift in all purpose flour, powdered milk, baking powder as oppose to the yeast, and salt. Fold it in to make a soft dough, once you don’t see any leftover flour, add in the oil and knead it well to make sure the dough absorbs the oil. This is to give it enough ‘oil’ or moisture when it’s frying. Knead till smooth cover and ‘rise’ to make it easier to handle, smooth out and flatten over after, slice into donut shaped pieces, set aside while waiting for the oil to heat up. Cook these in batches to avoid the donuts from sticking with each other. Flipping them around till it browns, taking it off the pan over a rack or coting it in sugar while its still a bit hot to make sure it sticks, poke a hole in the middle and fill it with custard.
A fun, easy way to make donuts with items you probably has on hand at home. These donuts are sure to be even better especially filled with a creamy, silky delicious creamy custard recipe or any of your choice.
No Yeast DonutsCourse: Dessert
A balanced sweet custard filled no yeast donuts
- For the custard
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup whipping cream or all purpose cream
1 & ½ tablespoons butter
- For the Dough
¼ cup sugar
2/3 cup water
3 cups all purpose flour
¾ cup powdered milk
2 tablespoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons oil
oil for frying
sugar for coating
- To make the Custard
- In a pan, mix the egg yolks and sugar. Add cornstarch and mix this into a paste. Pour in the milk and whipping cream, mix well.
- Place the pan over a stove at medium low heat; continuously stir till it turns thick. Once thick, turn off the heat and add the butter. Mix till the butter melts.
- Transfer the custard into another container to cool completely. You can also place this in the fridge to chill quicker.
- To make the Donuts
- In a bowl, mix the egg, sugar, and water. Add in all purpose flour, powdered milk, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. You can also use your hands.
- Once there are no dry bits left, add the oil. Mix well or knead with your hands.
- Once the dough absorbs the oil, knead this in a smooth surface till it looks smooth. Form this into a ball and place this in an oil-greased bowl, cover for 1 hour. This will not rise but make it easy to handle.
- After an hour, take the dough and place this on a smooth surface, flatten the dough with a rolling pin, use a cup or mold to shape the donut.
- After cutting, repeat for the remaining dough. Set aside for 20 – 25 minutes. While you heat up the oil.
- Prepare a pot at low heat and heat enough oil for frying.
- Once the oil is hot add the donuts, make sure not to overcrowd to prevent them from sticking to each other. Flip these often to avoid cracking. Once they have browned, take them off the heat.
- Place them on a rack or kitchen towel after frying to remove any excess oil.
- To arrange
- While the donuts are still warm, toss them in a bowl of sugar.
- Once coated, poke a hole in the middle of the donut with a thin knife or chopstick.
- Place the custard in a piping bag and fill the donuts with custard.
- Serve and enjoy!
Donuts may just be one of the most indulgent dessert-snacks you can think of, glazed, custard filled, or dipped and filled with chocolate. There are just endless amounts of flavors and types of donuts that you’ll be overwhelmed with joy if you’re a fan of this pillow-y sweet deliciousness. Yeast free donuts don’t require much proofing and are easy to make, the dough instead has baking powder, which helps it rise and make enough space in the middle to be filled with a delicious creamy custard. There’s really nothing but a freshly made donut filled with a creamy custard to be enjoyed right at home.
No Yeast Donuts recipe (tagalog)
Para sa custard
- 3 dilaw ng itlog
- 1/3 tasa asukal
- 1 kutsaritang cornstarch
- 2/3 tasa gatas
- 1/3 tasa whipping cream o all purpose cream
- 1 at ½ kutsarang mantikilya
Para sa Masa
- 1 itlog
- ¼ tasa asukal
- 2/3 tasa tubig
- 3 tasa harina
- ¾ tasa powdered milk
- 2 kutsarang baking powder
- ½ kutsaritang asin
- 3 kutsarang mantika
- Mantika pang prito
- Asukal pangdekor
Para sa Custard
- Sa kawali, haluin ang dilaw ng itlog at asukal. Haluan din ito ng cornstarch. Buhusan ng gatas at whipping cream. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Ilugar ang kawali sa kalan na may mababang init; haluin ito ng tuloy tuloy hanggang kumpapal. Pagkumapal na, patayin ang init, ilagay ang mantikilya at haluin hanggang matunaw ito.
- Ilipat ang custard sa lalagyanan para lumamig, pwede din ito ilagay sa ref para bumilis ang paglamig.
Para sa Donuts
- Sa mangkok, haluin ang itlog, asukal, at tubig. Lagyan ng harina, powdered milk, baking powder, at asin. Haluin ng mabuti, pwede ding gamitin ang kamay.
- Pag wala nang makitang harina, haluan ng mantika o imasa gamit ang mga kamay.
- Pagnasipsip na ng masa ang mantika, ilugar ito sa makinis naitaas at imasa hanggang makinis tingnan ang masa. Iporma ng pabola at ilipat ito sa mangkok na grinasa ng mantika. Takpan ng 1 oras. Hindi ito lalaki pero magiging mabilis itong iporma.
- Pagkatapos ng isang oras, ibaik ang masa sa makinis na itaas. Patagin gamit ang rolling pin, gumamit ng baso o molde para magawa ang donut.
- Pagkatapos imoldem ulitin ito sa natitirang masa. Itabi ng 20 o 25 na minuto habang iniitnit ang mantika.
- Maghanda ng palayok na nasa mababang init na may mantika pang prito.
- Pagmainit na ang mantika, ilagay ang mga donuts, siguraduhing hindi masikip o masyadong madami yung ilagay para di dumikit sa isa’t isa. Ibaliktad ng paulit ulit para di ito masira. Pag nagkayumanggi, tanggalin ito sa init.
- Ilugar sila sa rack o kitchen towel pagkatapos iprito para matanggal ang sobrang mantika.
- Habang mainit ang mga donut, ihalo sila sa mangkok na may asukal.
- Pagnatakpan nan g asukal, butasan ang gitna ng donut gamit ang manipis na kutsilyo o chopstick.
- Ilagay ang custard sa piping bag at punuin ang mga donut ng custard.
- Ihanda at ienjoy!