Binge-watching movies? Doing your acads? Or just want to eat something GOOD? Chicken bites is definitely the right snack for you! These chicken bites are low in calories, very juicy and budget-friendly! Make some chicken bites today and try it with different sauces. Yum!
LOW CARB CHICKEN BITES
Chicken, in any dish, is always a favorite. Commonly used as the protein source in an entrée, chicken is now enjoyed as a snack. Chicken bites, or some say chicken pops, is one of the most popular chicken snack of today. It is made with small bites of fried flavoured crispy chicken. The classic ones were just plain fried, and some are coated with a variety of flavorful sauces. As a finger-food, it is very convenient to eat anytime and anywhere. It is best enjoyed when binge-watching movies or while doing your acads. It is commonly eaten as a snack or as a meal together with potato fries or baked potatoes. A lot of restaurants offer this dish because it is very easy to prepare and people really love it.
But little did people know that the part of the chicken used in their favorite chicken bites is the chicken breast. Chicken breast may be the most hated part of the chicken. A lot of people say that chicken breast is dry and has no flavor. And here is a random quote for you my dear reader, “If there’s a will, there’s a way”. With the right preparation, the most hated chicken breast will turn into a juicy and flavorful favorite snack.
Here is my own recipe of the classic chicken bites. It is low in calories and very easy to prepare. No need for spending and make some restaurant-style chicken bites at home!
HOW TO COOK LOW CARB CHICKEN BITES
To enjoy this crispy and yummy snack, the first thing to do is to marinate the chicken pieces with some seasoning mix to make sure that it will be flavorful. Chicken easily absorbs flavor so you would only need 30 minutes for marinating. To make it crispy, make sure to coat the chicken pieces before frying. The usual coatings include eggs and breadcrumbs. I’m a big fan of pork rinds so I will use crushed pork rinds instead of breadcrumbs. Based on experience, the pork rinds also enhances the flavor of every chicken bite. After coating, time to fry! Make sure to deep-fry them to cook evenly and faster. When golden brown, then it is ready!
Grab your favorite dip and enjoy this low-calorie chicken bites. I’d like mine with some mayonnaise. Make sure to share some with your friends!
Low-Carb Chicken BitesCourse: Uncategorized
500 grams chicken breast
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika powder
2 pieces eggs
oil (for frying)
- Wash the chicken breasts and pat them dry using a tissue paper. Cut them into bite-size pieces.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika powder. Mix well until the chicken pieces are fully-coated. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- While waiting, crush some pork rinds into fine pieces.
- Crack the eggs in a shallow plate and beat them.
- Dip each marinated chicken to the egg, and then in the crushed pork rinds. Repeat these steps with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat some oil in a pan using medium heat. Fry the chicken bites until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken bites in a strainer or paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Place them in a serving plate and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
Low-Carb Chicken Bites Recipe (Tagalog)
- 500 grams pitso
- 1 kutsara ng lemon juice
- ½ kutsarita ng asin
- ½ kutsarita ng paminta
- ½ kutsarita ng garlic powder
- ½ kutsarita ng paprika powder
- 2 piraso ng itlog
- mantika (pangprito)
- Linisin ang pitso at tuyuin gamit ang tissue. Hatiin ito sa maliliit na piraso.
- Ilagay ang pitso sa isang bowl. Ilagay ang asin, paminta, garlic powder at paprika powder. Haluin ito ng mabuti hanggang malagyan ng seasoning ang bawat piraso ng manok. Imarinate ito ng 30 minutes.
- Magdurog ng chicharon sa maliliit na piraso.
- Batihin ang mga itlog sa isang mababaw na pinggan.
- Isawsaw ang marinated pitso sa itlog at sa dinurog na chicharon. Gawin ang mga steps na ito sa iba pang ingredients.
- Magpainit ng mantikang pangprito. I-deep fry ang chicken bites hanggang maging golden brown.
- Ilipat ang mga ito sa strainer o paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika.
- Ilagay ang chicken bites sa serving plate at ienjoy kasama ang favorite mong dipping sauce!