Beef Salpico is a yummy beef dish made out of cubed beef with, a mixture of sweet, salty, and umami flavours from a variety of seasonings, most especially from the world famous Worcestershire sauce. This Beef salpico recipe also uses soy sauce, oyster sauce seasoned with pepper, spring onions and other ingredients to give a appetizing aroma to this dish. This yummy kitchen recipe will guide you to make most scrumptious beef salpicao you ever ate. So try this beef salpicao recipe! With just 6 simple steps, you can have a five star ulam in no time! Yum!
WHAT IS WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE AND WHY IS IT SO HARD TO PRONOUNCE?
If minikaniko ni moniko ang makina ng minika ni monika, then Worcestershire sauce is still one of the classic tongue twisters in town. You really need to slow down when saying this to get all the syllables right. Most of us know this sauce because of its name, but not really how to use it. Only a few drops of this condiment can really enhance the flavor of a dish when added.
If you are curious on the name, Worcestershire is actually a place in England. And did you know that the Worcestershire sauce was developed by accident? Two chemists (yep, they are not cooks!) by the name of John Wheeley Lea and William Perrins were trying to copy a sauce from India. The two was disappointed since they cannot get the exact flavors from this Indian sauce. They kept their sauce trials and later found that the sauces fermented and became quite delicious. The sauce is a vinegar based condiment, which are then flavored with anchovies, molasses, tamarind sauce, chili peppers, sugar and many more secret ingredients.
The Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce was the most famous brand of this sauce up to date. This wonderful sauce will bring up most of the umami flavors from different dishes, especially the beef salpicao.
My gorgeous tita from Guam suddenly came, so I cannot serve the VIP visitor the usual thing. Since she was there for a few years already, she is now more of a meat eater than a rice eater. It gave me quite the pressure, so I went out to get some high quality ribeye steak from the grocery and made some high class herbed butter steak. I was really expecting that she’s gonna consume a lot of steak so I prepared a lot. But in the end, there were meat leftovers, and this leftovers are not the ones to throw.
I was thinking on how to remodel the beef steak into a better dish. Since it is quite dry, then a saucy dish would totally hyped up the dish. The first dish I had thought was the beef salpicao since I had just bought a new bottle of Worcestershire sauce. With this sauce, there’s nothing that can go wrong.
This dish started as a hack to prevent leftovers but now, I really loved the dish and I serve it during usual lunches and dinners. If you cut them small enough, this can really be a good rice topper.
If you wanna know how to make some beef salpicao at home, read and follow the simple steps below. Happy cooking!
HOW TO MAKE BEEF SALPICAO
If you have some high quality beef which you are unsure on how to cook, this beef salpicao recipe will save you.
The most important part of this recipe is actually not the beef, but the sauce. (You can also try this recipe with other types of meat). A salpicao dish is not a salpicao dish without the Worcestershire sauce. You can choose to add more seasonings other than the ones listed below but most importantly, they should not overpower the Worcestershire sauce.
For the ribeye steak, I opt to cut them into cubes, but you can cut them however you want. Simply sear them first before adding the sauce mixture. Do not cook the steak for too long or else it would become too dry and chewy in a bad way.
When the meat and sauce comes together, then it’s done! This dish is best paired with some hot steaming rice. Yum!
Beef SalpicaoCourse: Beef Recipes
½ kilo ribeye beef (cut into cubes)
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon paprika powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
5 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons butter
1 bunch Spring onions (chopped)
1 tablespoon toasted garlic
- In a bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, garlic powder, paprika powder and ground pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Prepare the ribeye beef and cut into cubes. Place them in a bowl and pour the mixture. Mix until well coated. Let this marinate for an hour.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add the garlic and toast them for a few minutes. When browned, add the marinated beef. Sear them for a few minutes using high heat.
- Add the butter and stir gently until it melts. Continue stirring while simmering until the beef is cooked.
- When the beef is fork tender and the sauce has thickened, turn the heat off.
- Transfer the beef salpicao to a serving plate. Top them with more toasted garlic and freshly chopped spring onions. Serve this with a big bowl of hot steaming rice. Yum!
Beef Salpicao Recipe (TAGALOG)
- ½ kilo ng ribeye beef (hiniwa ng cubes)
- 4 kutsara ng worcestershire sauce
- 3 kutsara ng toyo
- 2 kutsara ng oyster sauce
- 1 kutsara ng honey
- ½ kutsarita ng paprika powder
- ½ kutsarita ng garlic powder
- ½ kutsarita ng paminta
- 5 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 2 kutsara ng butter
- 1 bugkos ng spring onions (hiniwa)
- 1 kutsara ng toasted garlic
- Paghaluin ang worcestershire sauce, toyo, oyster sauce, honey, garlic powder, paprika powder, at paminta sa isang bowl. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Ihanda ang ribeye beef at hiwain ng cubes. Ilagay ang mga ito sa bowl at ibuhos ang ginawang mixture. Haluin ng mabuti at imarinate ng isang oras.
- Magpainit ng mantika. Ilagay ang bawang at tustahin ng ilang minuto. Kapag tustado na, saka ilagay ang karne. Iprito ang mga ito ng ilang minuto gamit ang malakas na apoy.
- Ilagay ang butter at haluin para matunaw. Haluin lang ito hanggang maluto ang karne.
- Kapag malambot na ang karne at malapot na ang sauce, patayin ang apoy.
- Ilipat ang beef salpicao sa serving plate. Lagyan ito ng mas marami pang toasted garlic at spring onions. Ihain ito kasama ng malaking bowl ng mainit na kanin. Yum!