A quick Garlic Chicken Thighs recipe that’s so easy to do, you’ll be shocked by the flavor packed dish once you’ve taken a bite! Who could resist a garlicky, buttery, aromatic decadently silky sauce, with a hint of a refreshing citrus taste to pour over a crispy beautifully browned chicken thigh? No one absolutely no one! Try to check your fridge for the needed ingredients you can probably easily find at home, or at your nearest grocery store, and your ready to make this wonderfully tasty dish.
The easiest chicken part to cook
Chicken is a great option for many cooking for a healthy meat substitute. Chicken is also a delicious easy to use ingredient with a variety of dishes and flavors to choose from and make. This lean protein lets you gain good calories, with many parts of the chicken to use, why do we love using the thighs compared to the breasts? Chicken thighs are easier to cook, they don’t over cook and dry up easily as compared to chicken breasts. While chicken breasts are seen as the epitome of healthy and high in protein, this is then to dry easily and should be cooked times. Chicken thighs can be cooked similarly to chicken breast but contain a bit more fat, which makes it easier to cook without over cooking. The Chicken thigh is also good for those with iron deficiency and anemia since it has a good amount of zinc. While both differ in nutritional value, one think to have in mind is what part you use is dependent on the dish you make. All in all, the chicken is a great meat and ingredient choice if your looking to branch out from read meats or on days when you want a healthy protein boost.
Give this easy Garlic Chicken Thighs a try!
Want some perfectly cooked, tender chicken with golden crisp skin and savory, tasty sauce? Then this recipe is for you. All you need to do is clean some chicken thighs, you can choose to buy chicken thigh with or without the skin, though the skin can help you use less oil as this it will be reduced to remove any oils and fat which add more flavor. This is why this will be cooked in the pan skin first. Then adding halved onions and garlics as the main aromatics, add in some herbs like thyme or any herbs you like, flipping the chicken once the skin browns and adding other seasonings like lemon, soy sauce, more garlic but chopped, and a cup of chicken broth to add more depth of flavor. Simmered to cook the chicken for a while longer and get the juice out to add to the sauce later. Once way to check if the chicken is cooked is to poke the middle of the chicken with a knife or fork to see if the juice come out clear or pink. Take the chicken out and place them in the oven to broil to make the skin extra crisp. With the remaining sauces, take out any big chinks from the garlic and onions, let the sauce simmer and add some balsamic vinegar for a bit of acidity and strong taste, sugar to calm the acidity, soy sauce, and a slurry made of cornstarch and water to chicken he sauce up. Cool this down while you wait for the chicken skin to turn crispier. Place this over some white or garlic fried rice, side with some lemon slices and the sauce.
Give yourself a deliciously scrumptious dish that’s temptingly salivating that you can’t help but want to eat all those chicken thighs all for yourself.
Garlic Chicken Thighs
A deliciously flavor packed juicy and tender chicken dish
- For the Chicken
4 pieces chicken thighs
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ tablespoon oil
1 – 2 garlic (halved)
1 onion (halved)
½ tablespoon thyme
half a lemon
1 & ½ tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons garlic (chopped)
1 cup chicken broth or water with ¼ Knorr chicken cube
- For the Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons water
- To make the Chicken
- Prepare the cleaned chicken and season with salt and pepper. Makes sure to massage these in both sides. Set aside.
- In a pan at medium heat, add oil and place the chicken in skin side down, add the halved onion, and halved garlic. Cook these for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Once the skin has browned, flip the chicken thighs and onions. Cook for another 7 – 10 minutes. After, add in the chopped garlic, thyme, soy sauce, squeeze over half a lemon, and chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and (optional) place these in a 200°C or 400°F preheated oven to broil for 8 – 10 minutes.
- To make the Sauce
- With the remaining sauce, use a skimmer to remove the bigger bits of garlic and onion.
- Add in butter, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. Mix till the sugar dissolves.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water; pour this into the pan to help thicken the sauce. Mix well; add 1-2 tablespoons of water if the sauce feels too thick. Set aside.
- To Arrange
- Take the chicken and place them over rice with a slice lemon and sauce on the side.
- You can also enjoy this over noodles mixed with the sauce instead of rice.
There’s just nothing like a nice, well-made dish to comfort you when you come home from a hard day’s work. This easy flavor pact meal made with chicken, simple aromatics and any herb of your choice isn’t just your usual chicken dish. It’s amazingly delicious and so worth a few minutes of your time to make. Jazz it up with veggies and more herbs or keep is simple it’ll always be tasty! Get your lunches and dinners even more exiting with this Garlic Chicken Thighs dish.
Garlic Chicken Thighs recipe (tagalog)
Para sa Manok
- 4 piraso na chicken thighs
- ½ kutsaritang asin
- ½ kutsaritang paminta
- ½ kutsarang mantika
- 1 – 2 bawang (hiniwa sa kalahati)
- 1 sibuyas (hiniwa sa kalahati)
- ½ kutsarang thyme
- kalahati ng limon
- 1 & ½ kutsarang soy sauce
- 2 kutsarang bawang (tinadtad)
- 1 tasa chicken broth o tubig na may ¼ Knorr chicken cube
Para sa Sauce
- 1 kutsarang mantikilya
- ½ kutsarang balsamic vinegar (opsyonal)
- 1 kutsarang asukal
- 1 kutsarang soy sauce
- 1 kutsarang cornstarch
- 2 kutsaritang tubig
Para sa Manok
- Ihanda ang mga nilinis na manok at imasahe ng asin at paminta. Siguraduhing na namasahe ng bawat gilid nito. Itabi.
- Sa kawali na may katamtamang init, lagyan ng mantika at ilagay ang manok, nakaayos ng pababa ang balat, ilagya ang kinalahating sibuyas, at bawang. Lutuin ang mga ito ng 7 – 10 minuto.
- Pag nagkayumanggi na ang balat, ibaliktad ang manok at mga sibyas. Lutuin ng 7-10 minuto. Pagkatapos, lagyan ng tinatad na bawang, thyme, soy sauce, at pisilin ang limon, ibuhos ang chicken broth. Takpan at pakuluin ng 10-15 minuto.
- Tanggalin ang manok at (opsyonal) lutuin ito sa 200°C o 400°F na ininit na oben na nakabroil ng 8 – 10 na minuto.
Para sa Sauce
- Gamit ang natitirang sauce, gumamit ng skimmer para tanggalin ang mga malalking sibuyas at bawang.
- Lagyan ng mantikilya, balsamic vinegar, asukal, at soy sauce. haluin hanggang matunaw ang asukal.
- Sa maliit na mangkok, haluin ang cornstarch at tubig; ibuhos ito sa pan para kumapal ang sauce. haluin ng mabuti. Lagyan ng 1-2 kutsarang tubig kung masyadong kumapal ang sauce. itabi.
- Ilugar ang manok sa taas ng kanin, tabihan ng limon at ang sauce.
- Pwede ding haluin ang noodles at ang sauce bago ilugar ang manok sa taas.