This Garlic Butter Tilapia dish is an easy dish you can make whether you’re in a rush for time or too tired to slave over the kitchen. With a minimum of 9 ingredients and a few minutes, you can make this delightfully delicious and healthy Garlic Butter Tilapia dish. Keeping it simple with just one fried fish, a few cubes of butter, a small or a truckload of garlic, some ginger, honey, a hint of oyster sauce and scallions for color. Great for anyone who is health conscious or is in a hankering for fish and just want something saucy and yummy.
What is this buttery sauce?
Using garlic butter to cook dishes gives it that rich indulgent feel from the butter, and the aromatic sensationally flavorful taste from the garlic. It’s a quick way to add flavor to your dishes, some even adding them to popcorn or as a dip to fried food with or without mayo and sometimes sour cream. Its also great to top off on stir-fry or appetizers to make a quick and easy presentable dish. When you don’t know what to make for lunch or dinner you can also mixed these up with some noodles adding a few veggies or some leftover meats or canned meat and it’s already be a nice delightful dish to take bites of. You can also just thaw some meat like beef, pork, seafood, seasoned well with salt and pepper and other seasonings or spices you like then cook it with the garlic butter sauce to spruce it up. It’s a flavor option you might want to put into your meal rotation.
Can anyone make this Garlic Butter Tilapia?
This Garlic Butter Tilapia is so easy to do, this can even be your introduction to cooking fish. It’s a very forgiving dish that you cant really mess up as all the seasonings and flavorings are interchangeable and tasty no matter what. Keep this recipe as a base and experiment with your favorite seasonings if you’d like. All you need to do is start with a cleaned tilapia, without the scales and with the guts removed. You need to make sure that the sales have been removed, as the tilapia will be tossed around in the sauce. The tilapia is then rubbed with salt all over to give it some flavor and dry it up a bit, then fried in a pan with enough oil to cook the fish, fry till both sides have turned brown, take it off the heat to cool, place this on a rack or over a paper towel to remove or absorb the excess oil. For the sauce, take a new pan or clean your old pan and melt come butter to give it that richness and silky texture, cook the ginger, adding turmeric powder and any kind of spice you like, some examples are paprika, cayenne, more garlic powder, or onions powder or any other spice you prefer. Add some oyster sauce to give it that salty and really savory feel to it, then add some scallions for color before adding in the fish, tossing or flipping it till the sauce slings onto it or has reduced. Take it off the pan, drizzle with the remaining oil, garnish with more spring onions or fried garlic if you have those on hand.
This dish is easy and quick to do and it comes out elegant looking and wonderfully flavorsome. Brighten up your dinners with this Garlic Butter Tilapia recipe.
Garlic Butter TilapiaCourse: Main, Dinner
A buttery saucy garlicky fish dish
1 tilapia (scales removed)
½ cup oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ thumb ginger (chopped)
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
5 cloves garlic (minced)
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon scallions (chopped)
- Clean the tilapia and take the guts out. Season the outside of the fish with salt.
- In a pan in medium heat, add enough oil to fry a fish once this is hot. Add the Tilapia in and fry both sides once one side turns brown. After it’s cooked take it off the heat.
- To make the honey garlic sauce; In another pan, melt the butter, add ginger and sauté till aromatic. Add seasonings like turmeric powder, sauté garlic, oyster sauce and scallions.
- Place back the fish and cover it with sauce. Serve fresh off the pan.
An effortless and delicious dinner recipe perfects for busy nights. A beautifully fresh bought or frozen fish, thawed, seasoned and flavored with a nice buttery garlicky sauce, cooked till nice and tender. Making a healthy, hearty yummy meal both kids and adults will love. A speedy dinner option or a nice lunch to pack with some white or brown rice, or fried rice to give it more impact. This Garlic Butter Tilapia is a sure win and might even help you get your kids to love eating fish. Give this dish a go and we’re sure you wont regret it!
Garlic Butter Tilapia recipe (tagalog)
- 1 tilapia (walang kaliskis)
- ½ tasa mantika
- 3 kutsarang mantikilya na walang asin
- ½ hinlalaki luya (tinatad)
- 1 kutsaritang turmeric powder
- 5 butil bawang (tinatad)
- 3 kutsarang oyster sauce
- 1 kutsarang pulot
- 1 kutsarang dahon ng sibuyas (tinadtad)
- Linisin ang mga tilapia at tanggalin ang mga laman loob. Asinan ang labas ng isda.
- Sa kawali na may katamtamang init, lagyan ng mantika at ipirito ang isda. Lutuin ang bawat gilid hanggang magkayumanggi ito. tanggalin sa init pagkatapos.
- Para gawin ang honey garlic sauce; sa ibang kawali, tunawin ang mantikilya, lutuin ang luya hanggang bumango. Dagdagan ng turmeric powder, isama at lutuin ang garlic, oyster sauce, at dahon ng sibuyas.
- Ibalik ang isda at takpan ng sauce. Ihanda habang mainit-init pa.