Coconut macaroon is some small cupcakes made with all purpose flour, butter, sugar, eggs, condensed milk, vanilla extract, desiccated coconut, baking powder and salt. So why buy from the bakery if you can make your own version? You won’t be needing any baking skills to make yourself this yummy treat. These small bites of goodness will surely boost your mood and satisfy your sweet cravings.
Some people often confuse coconut macaroons to the French macaron. Macaroons are small cakes in the size of cookies or cupcakes. The French macaron are usually the pastel-colored ones and uses almonds while coconut macaroons uses coconut. It has a soft and chewy texture with a crisp and golden top.
Coconut macaroon is one of the best-selling choices for kids whenever they go to a local bakery. If you see some small cupcakes in colored cupcake liners, it most probably the coconut macaroons. As a big fan of our local bakery, I personally always buy it together with chocolate crinkles. I guess I’m really a kid at heart. This is really one of my childhood afternoon snacks.
The moment I knew how to make this sweet treat, I started making a large batch of it so I can eat it whenever I want. Coconut macaroons can be stored up to one week. After you have one, I’m sure you won’t stop eating until it’s all gone!
HOW TO COOK COCONUT MACAROONS
Even without a baking experience, you can still make good coconut macaroons. You will only need to follow these simple steps.
Grab two bowls and combine the dry and wet ingredients separately. When you mix the wet ingredients, make sure to achieve the fluffy butter and sugar mixture before you proceed. Combine the wet and dry ingredients to make the coconut macaroon batter. Make sure to stir well to distribute the dessicated coconut within the batter. Pour the batter into cupcake liners. You may add some fillings like chocolates and almonds. In this recipe, we will stick to the plain original version of coconut macaroons. The last step is to bake the macaroons. If you want just nice and white macaroons, bake them for 18 to 20 minutes. If you want a toasted top, bake them for 21 to 25 minutes. Your coconut macaroons are done! Let them cool a bit before you enjoy it with some hot chocolate or coffee.
Coconut MacaroonsCourse: Desserts
1/3 cup butter (softened)
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
12.5 oz condensed milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup flour
2 cups desiccated coconut
½ teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, dessicated coconut. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter and sugar until you achieve a fluffy texture. Crack the eggs and mix one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and condensed milk. Stir until well-combined. Add the dry mixture and then gently fold until well-incorporated.
- Place mini cupcake liners on the muffin pan. Pour the macaroon batter to each cupcake liner. Bake the macaroons for 18 to 20 minutes using 175C (or 21-25 minutes for a browner color).
- Do the toothpick test to check if it is done.
- Transfer the coconut macaroons to a serving plate and enjoy with hot coffee or tea.
Watch How To make coconut Macaroons
Coconut Macaroons Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1/3 tasa ng butter (pinalambot)
- 1/3 tasa + 2 kutsara ng asukal
- 2 itlog
- 12.5 oz ng condensed milk
- 1 kutsara ng vanilla extract
- ½ tasa ng harina
- 2 tasa ng dessicated coconut
- ½ kutsarita baking powder
- Sa isang malaking bowl, pagsamasamahin ang harina, baking powder, asin at dessicated coconut. Haluin ito ng mabuti.
- Sa isa pang bowl, paghaluin ang butter at asukal hanggang makakuha ng fluffy texture. Ilagay ang mga itlog at haluin. Sunod na ilagay ang vanilla extract at ang condensed milk at haluin. Ilagay ang dry mixture at dahan dahang i-fold hanggang humalo.
- Ilagay ang mga cupcake liners sa isang muffin pan at lagyan ng macaroon batter. I-bake ang macaroons ng 18 hanggang 20 minuto gamit ang 175C (o 21 hanggang 25 minuto para mas maging brown).
- Gawin ang toothpick test para ma-check kung luto na ang macaroons hanggang loob.
- Ilagay ang coconut macaroons sa isang serving plate at ienjoy kasama ang mainit na kape o tsaa.
If you are looking for an macaroon recipe that will show you how to make coconut macaroons. Macaroons or coconut macaroons is very popular in all over the world. This coconut macaroon recipe is actually is a coconut macaroons with condensed milk and is a easy coconut macaroons recipe. This is coconut macaroon recipe and we hope you will enjoy this recipe