Chicken Piccata is a staple Italian American dish known for its rich buttery taste and is made by dredging flattened chicken breast, in a flour mixture made of all purpose flour, black pepper, all purpose seasoning and fry it in vegetable oil. This fried chicken is further fried in a sauce made by butter, minced onion, minced garlic along with lemon juice and pieces of lemon. Chicken Piccata is tender chicken, with a tart yet sweet citrus sauce that just brightens up the whole dish making for a memorable dinner or lunch option. Impress the whole family with this tasty simple but impressive dish that only needs 20 minutes or less!
What is a Chicken Piccata?
Piccata or Pichotta means ‘larded’ in Italian, in cooking terms is means “ to be pounded flat”. Referencing that way food is prepared, when the fish or meat is ‘sautéed, sliced, and served with a spiced lemon butter sauce’. Described as a dish usually using chicken or veal, dredged in flour, cooked till browned, served with a sauce with a mix of butter, lemon juice, and capers. Traditionally Italian Piccata uses veal while Americanized Piccata uses chicken. Other recipes adapts the recipe and turns it into a meatless dish using ‘seitan’ a food ingredient made of gluten, or main protein of wheat, this is called ‘seitan piccata. Some piccata options also include frittura piccata. And eaten in the Milanese region using swordfish is called ‘pesce spade con capperi e limone’. This weeknight supper is easy to love and just as easy to make.
Why try the Chicken dish?
A restaurant worthy dish you can easily make at home. Just like the Chicken Parmesan, the Chicken Piccata is a dish that has been Americanized and seen as a Italian-American Fusion dish seen in restaurants like the Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden and many more. There is no such thing as too many chicken dishes, chicken beloved for it’s delicious and easily marinated base, it can easily suit any flavor and is a good way to take in protein and other healthy nutrients needed by the body. This lemony caper topped with a buttery sauce chicken dish only needs a few minutes and ingredients to make sure these are bursting with flavor. Clean the chicken and dredge this into a flour mixture containing, all purpose flour, black pepper, all purpose seasoning, and Italian seasoning. This are then fried on a pan till it changes in color and has slightly browned. Cooking it only till it changes in color also help make sure the chicken will still be tender and not cook so well as this will be simmered again later. Frying them in both sides before taking it out. Add some butter for richness into the same pan with the inclusion of olive oil to sauté aromatics like red onions, garlic, and capers that give the dish its strong taste. Melt some more butter for an even indulgent and lovely taste and bring back the chicken to be seasoned with some more spices if you’d like. Simmering the chicken in the sauce to absorb it well, sprinkle from lemon juice and clip it over to keep the other side just as well flavored. These are just to help all the flavors fuse together. Top this over rice or pasta, make this creamier with a cup or more of cream, add a spike of white wine to make it even more rich and a bit fruity, or simply ad more spices that you like. Dinner doesn’t get any more wonderful and surprising at this chicken piccata dish.
This whole new level of deliciousness can be done in just one pan and a few minutes. This just might be your new go to quick and delicious chicken dish!
Chicken PiccataCourse: Uncategorized
A lemony refreshing way to eat chicken
1/ kilo chicken breasts
1 cup flour
2 pinches black pepper powder
1 pinch all purpose seasoning
2 pinches Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium-sized red onion (chopped)
8 cloves garlic (minced)
100 grams or 1 jar of capers (drained)
½ lemon juice
4 lemon slices
- Clean the chicken breasts and leave this in a bowl, set aside.
- On a plate mix flour, 1 pinch of black pepper, all purpose seasoning, and a pinch of Italian seasoning. Dredge both sides of the chicken breasts on the flour mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil for 2 minutes in a pan at medium heat. Fry the chicken breasts, frying each side for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter and add olive oil. Sauté the onions for 2 minutes or till translucent. Add the garlic and capers. Sauté this for 3 minutes.
- Mix in 4 tablespoons of butter and mix well. Add the fried chicken back to the pan. Cook these for 5 minutes on one side. Mix in the squeezed lemon.
- Flip to cook the other side, cook this for another 5 minutes and add a pinch of Italian seasoning and black pepper. Add 4 sliced of lemon.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
f you have no idea on what to make for dinner, then this recipe might just be for you. A dinner you can easily do with a greatly rich and indulgent but healthy and fresh take on a delicate but impactful flavored chicken. Eat it solo as a energizing lunch to keep you fresh and full for the whole afternoon, or eat it as a dinner option to relax and decompress with an iced cold drink or warm soothing tea, while you watch your favorite TV show. This Chicken Piccata is a sure win to your tastebuds.
Chicken Piccata recipe (tagalog)
- 1/ kilo dibdib ng manok
- 1 tasa harina
- 2 kurot ng paminta
- 1 kurot ng all purpose seasoning
- 2 kurot ng Italian seasoning
- 2 kutsarang mantika
- 8 kutsarang mantikilya
- 2 kutsarang olive oil
- 1 katamtamang laking pulang sibuyas (tadtad)
- 8 butil bawang(tinadtad)
- 100 gramo o 1 garapon ng capers (salain)
- ½ limon juice
- 4 hiwa ng limon
- Sa mangkok, ilagay ang lininis na dibdib ng manok. Itabi.
- Sa plato, haluin ang harina, paminta, all purpose seasoning, at 1 kurot ng Italian seasoning. Takpan ang bawat gilid ng manok sa hinalong harina.
- Initin ang mantika ng 2 minuto sa kawali na may katamtamang init. Iprito ang manok, lutuin ang bawat gilid ng 3 minuto. Itabi.
- Sa parehong kawali, tunawin ang 4 kutsarang mantikilya at lagyan ng olive oil. Lutuin ang sibuyas ng 2 minuto o hanggang maaninag ang itsura nito. Isama ang bawang at capers. Lutuin ng 3 minuto.
- Haluan ng 4 kutsarang mantikilya at haluin ng mabuti. Ibalik at prinitong manok sa kawali. Lutuin ng 5 minuto sa isang gilid. Ihalo ang pinisil na limon.
- Ibakitad at lutuin ang kabila, lutuin ito muli ng 5 minuto at lagyan ng kapiranggot ng Italian seasoning at paminta. Lagyan din ang kawali ng 4 na hiwa ng limon.
- Ihanda ng mainit at ienjoy!