Sweet donuts are nice but when you don’t really have a sweet tooth and you’re suddenly craving for something salty, savory, and meaty? Then this chicken-licious dish might be for you! Make your simple chicken dish even more fun and flavorful that even kids will be delighted to eat, you can even sneak in some vegetables to add some healthy bits for your veggie hating tots. Try this out Chicken Donut recipe for your next family dinner, as an afternoon snack, office potluck, or holiday gathering with a side of this simple sauce and get ready to hear some compliments.
Fried food and fried chicken
Fried foods are delicious, and fried chicken is one of the most notable fried foods out there. From different versions made to suit your version of fried food like deep fried, breaded with crumbs, or plain flour, to flavorings and sauces added, and much more variations like nuggets, lollipops and many more in the list. Why do we love fried chicken? the crispy ness might be one of the reasons we enjoy fried food, the sound of each crunch help our multisensory experience and help us accentuate the texture, quality and flavor. It also makes it seem like the sound correlates to how good the dish may be. The experience of eating fried chicken is the combination of aroma from the chicken seasoned well and deep-frying just awakens and boosts all those flavors.
What exactly is a Chicken donut?
The idea is creating a mixture by combining boiled skinless potatoes to keep the chicken moist when fried; these are cut to pieces to make them easier to blend. The chicken, which is our main ingredient, is marinated with an egg, which tenderizes and also helps keep the moisture of the chicken intact when it’s fried. Both the chicken and the potatoes are then added in a grinder or blender with the following ingredients, aromatics like, garlic, onions, seasonings like salt and pepper, and even oregano for extra flavor. After they look smooth or as smooth or chunky as you like, place the mixture in a plastic bag with one side cut off to form a piping bag. It’s then used to form a circle on a plate greased with oil to make it easier to take the donuts off after its hardened. Or formed by shaping a ball yourself with your hands and using a finger or a teaspoon to form a circle to take out and make a donut hole. Once the donuts are formed, they’re frozen to make it easier to handle and keep their shape when it’s dipped in batter. After it’s hardened toss it in flour, which makes it easy to the egg to cling on, then in a beaten egg used as a glue to keep the breadcrumbs together. After everything’s been coated, prepare a pan filled with hot oil in low heat, you need to keep the heat low as making it high will burn the breading while the filling may not be as well cooked as it should be. Cooking it at low or medium low heat will ensure that the filling will cook properly as well as slowly brown the breading. These are fried then placed on a strainer or kitchen towel to remove excess oil so that you’ll just be left with a nice clean bite without any oil dripping down your fingers. The optional sauce it just an easy 2-ingredient sauce that is so low effort to make, a combination of ketchup and mayo is so simple but taste so good to dip in with your freshly fried chicken donuts. Sit back at relax, snack on this ala carte, or pack it as a lunch or dinner dish with a steaming cup of rice, or with an ice cold glass of beer.
Satisfy any savory cravings with this crunchy seasoned tender chicken filling with a crisp outer shell, and dipped in a simple but deliciously yummy sauce.
Chicken DonutCourse: Snacks, Main
A new crispy fun way to eat chicken
- Chicken Donut
500 grams chicken tenderloin
2 medium potatoes
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 tablespoon green onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon oregano (optional)
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups bread crumbs
oil for frying
4 tablespoons ketchup
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Clean and peel of the skin off the potatoes. Boil the potatoes till soft and chop them to smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare the chicken and slice them to smaller pieces. Set aside. Beat 1 egg and add them into the chicken. let this marinate for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the chicken in a food processor; add the potatoes, garlic, onions, green onions, 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs, pepper, salt and oregano. Grind well.
- Put the thicken mixture in a plastic bag.
- Grease oil all over a large plate. Cut one corner of the plastic bag, firmly press and form a circle to make a donut shape with the chicken mix.
- Another method of making the donut shape is taking a small portion of the mixture on your hand, roll it into a ball and flatten it, using a small spoon make a hole in the middle and take it out. Adjust to fix it into a nice donut shape.
- Place the formed donuts in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Once the donut is hard, dip it in flour then in a beaten egg, and into a bowl of breadcrumbs. Repeat till all the donuts are coated.
- In a pan at medium low heat, fill this with enough oil for frying. Fry the chicken donuts slowly to make sure its fully cooked. Flip once one side looks golden.
- Once both sides have browned. Take them out of the heat and let them rest on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, mayonnaise together till well combined.
- Serve the freshly fried chicken donuts with a side of sauce to enjoy.
Crunchy on the outside and soft and beautifully tender on the inside. These mini pieces of savory joy mix them up with more spices or add some siracha a garlic in the sauce for a flavor pact combo. This chicken donut recipe is one of the few fried finger food you not want to miss out. Fried chicken may be great but once in a while you’ll want a little twist to make it a bit more interesting, make your lunches or dinner brighter, fun and something to look forward to. Just slice up some pieces and place them in a grinder with some seasonings, mold, freeze, to be tossed in some breading’s, fried and you’re good to go.
Chicken donut recipe (tagalog)
- 500 gramo chicken tenderloin
- 2 katamtamang laking patatas
- 5 butil ng bawang (tinadtad)
- 1 medium onion (tinadtad)
- 1 kutsarang dahon ng sibuyas (tinadtad)
- 1 kutsaritang asin
- 1 kutsaritang paminta
- 1 kutsaritang oregano (opsyonal)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 itlog
- 2 tasa bread crumbs
- mantika pang prito
- 4 kutsarang ketchup
- 4 kutsarang mayonnaise
- Linisin at alisan ng balat ang mga patata. Pakuluin hanggang malambot at hatiin ng maliliit na piraso. Itabi.
- Ihanda ang manok at hatiin ito ng maliliit. Itabi. Batiin ang 1 itlog at ihalo ito sa manok. Itabi ng 10-15 na minuto. Itabi.
- Ilagay ang manok sa food processor, isama ang patatas, bawang, sibuyas, fahon ng sibuyas, 4 kutsarang breadcrumbs, paminta, asin, at oregano. Igrind ng mabuti.
- Ilugar ang hinalong manok sa plastik bag.
- Igrasa ang mantika sa malaking plato. Putulin ang isang sulok at pisilin para makaporma ng bilog o mukagang donut na hugis.
- Pwede ding iproma ito ng ilagay ang maliit na bahagi ng mix sa kamay, ihugis ng pabilog, patagin at gamit ang kutsarita tanggalin ang gitna. Ayusin at iporma ito ng maayos.
- Ilugar ang mga napormang donut sa freezer ng 1-2 oras.
- Pag tumigas na ang donut, isawsaw ito ng harina, pagkatapos ang binating itlog, at sa breadcrumbs. Ulitin hanggang lahat ng donuts ay natakpan na ng breading.
- Sa kawali na may mababang init, punuin ito ng mantika pang prito. Iprito ang mga chicken donuts ng dahan dahan para siguraduhing maluto ang loob. Baliktarin pag nag kayumanggi na ang isang gilid.
- Pag nag kayumanggi na ang bawat gilid. Tanggalin ito sa init at palamigin sa plato na may paper towel para masipsip ang sobrang mantika.
- Sa isang mangkok, haluin ang ketchup at mayonnaise.
- Ihanda ang bagong lutong chicken donuts kasama ang sauce para ienjoy!