Buko Salad Drink is made by adding young coconut meat, tapioca pearls, gelatin cube made with gelatin powder, sugar, water and food colour and sugar, to a drink mix made with evaporated milk, condensed milk. You will love this creamy sweet buko juice with floating soft coconut meat and gelatin — Buko Salad Drink is the perfect refreshing beverage to sip under a hot sunny day. It is made up of coconut juice and meat strips, milk, and colorful gelatin.
Buko Salad Drink (Coconut Salad Drink)
Buko Salad Drink is yet another delicious beverage to be added to the list of rich and wide flavor options in the Philippines. This sweet cold drink is a trendy beverage idea of mixing the two of Pinoy’s best desserts — Buko Salad and Buko Juice.
Defining both recipes, a Buko Salad is made of young coconut strips and sweetened milk. It is a cold dessert to be served during celebrations. On the other hand, a Buko Juice is a popular and classic cold drink to refreshen people on ordinary summer days. It is as simple as young coconut meat and its fresh cold coconut juice.
For me, it is just perfect to have this clever drink of leveled up Buko Juice. The fresh sweet coconut or buko juice is now salad-inspired by having milk, soft gelatin, and coconut meat in it. I especially love it when my Buko Salad Juice contains many ingredients that I can chew when I take a sip of it.
How to Make Buko Salad Drink (Coconut Salad Drink)
To make a refreshing Buko Salad Drink is very easy and simple. With a clear recipe guide and few ingredients, rest assured that your family will surely request a refill! The ingredients you will need are as follow: coconut meat, tapioca pearls, gelatin, coconut water, evaporated as well as condensed milk, sugar, and food colorings. Let’s make some!
Begin the process by cooking the tapioca pearls in boiling water for 15 minutes. Cover with a fitting pan lid and set it aside for later purposes. Next, dissolve and stir the gelatin powder and sugar in boiling water. Pour into separate containers and put some color. Let it set then cut into small cubes.
Now, it’s time to make the juice. In a bigger bowl, transfer the prior made ingredients and the remaining ones such as the young coconut meat with its fresh juice, evaporated milk, and condensed milk. Stir well. Refrigerate or simply put some ice cubes before serving. Yum!
Buko Salad DrinkCourse: Desserts
2 cups young coconut meat
1 cup uncooked tapioca pearls (sago)
1 packet gelatine (25 grams)
2 cups coconut water
1 can evaporated milk (370ml)
1 can condensed milk (390g)
¼ cup sugar
food coloring (red, green, yellow)
- Boil six cups of water in a pot. Put into it a cup of tapioca pearl and cook for 15 minutes. Put off the heat and cover with a fitting pan lid to cook it further. Set it aside.
- Pour another six cups of water into the pot. Dissolve a pack of gelatine powder completely and a quarter cup sugar. Cook in a medium-low heat and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, slowly transfer into three separate containers. For each container, add a pinch of food coloring and stir. Let it cool and set. Then, cut into small cubes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the two cups of young coconut meat with the colorful gelatin cubes and cooked tapioca pearls. Stir evenly.
- Next, add the two cups of coconut water, a can of evaporated milk, and a can of condensed milk. Give it a good mix. Refrigerate or serve with iced cubes. Enjoy your cup of fresh Buko Salad Drink!