Want quicker pork patties? Try this tortang giniling. This Filipino dish is a simple ground pork omelette with small bits of pork and vegetables combined and soaked in beaten eggs and then pan fried. Truly delicious and savoury. Try one today!
If you’re a mom who’s always on-the-go, tortang giniling is a quick dish you can easily prepare even on a tight morning. This was one of my usual breakfast when I was a kid. During the weekdays, my mom has to go to work and I am going to class which is why we only have limited time in the morning. Given the quick preparation, tortang giniling was a life-saver.
Now, as an adult, I prepare most of my tortang giniling whenever I have vegetable leftovers or pork scraps. For a better environment and a better world, I always try to reduce my food wastes. This dish is so economical but delicious at the same time.
Tortang giniling is a dish consisting any ground meat and diced vegetables which are mixed with well-beaten eggs. They are finished by frying in hot oil. The most usual type of meats used are pork and beef, but you can also try it with chicken and fish. Most canned products can also be made into torta if you are tired of eating them as it is. If you want a vegan torta, you can do it with just plain vegetables.
I usually have pork leftovers which is why I am excited to share you my tortang giniling recipe. If you want to have a quick and easy guide on how to make tortang giniling, you are in the right place. Read the recipe below and try some tortang giniling today! Happy cooking!
HOW TO MAKE TORTANG GINILING
Making some tortang giniling is like making pork patties in a much quicker, simpler and of course, more eggy-licious way. You won’t be needing much effort to enjoy this hearty dish.
Start with your tortang talong by sautéing the aromatics, ground pork and the vegetables. If you have leftover vegetables and you don’t know what to do with them, you may include them in here. The torta will be more appetizing if we add more colors to it. This mixture will look like pork giniling without tomato sauce. Let this pork mixture cool a bit before we place them in the beaten eggs. We do this so the egg would not cook ahead from the heat of the pork mixture.
Next, add the warm pork mixture to beaten eggs. Make sure that there are more eggs than the mixture. I like my tortang giniling with rice and also in bread. In this recipe, I shaped my torta into small circles, just like a regular patty. But if you want, you can try to pour everything in the pan for a giant omelette! Make sure to flip the torta to cook the other side. The rest of the ingredients are pre-cooked so once the eggs are cooked, your tortang giniling is ready to serve. Serve your tortang giniling while warm. I like it best with some banana ketchup. Enjoy!
Tortang Giniling Recipe
Here you can find the best Tortang Giniling recipe, with Tortang Giniling ingredients and simple instructions. This Tortang Giniling recipe will show you how to cook Tortang Giniling by step by step procedures and instructions. Enjoy your days
Tortang GinilingCourse: Easy Meals, Pork Recipes
250 grams ground pork
4 medium-sized eggs
1 medium-sized onions (minced)
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 small potatoes (diced)
1 small carrot (diced)
2 tablespoons red bell peppers (diced)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 to 3 tablespoon water
salt and pepper to taste
oil (for frying)
- Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the onions and garlic for a few seconds until aromatic.
- Add the ground pork and sauté until it changes color. Season with oyster sauce and add water. Stir a bit. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes using medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and carrots. Stir to combine. Season with some salt and pepper. Simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the red bell peppers and stir. Turn the heat off and let it cool completely. ‘
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk gently. Add the cooked giniling and stir to combine.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Scoop some torta mixture and fry using low-medium heat. Flip to cook the other side.
- Transfer the tortang giniling to a serving plate and serve with hot steaming rice. Enjoy!
Paano Magluto ng Tortang Giniling (TAGALOG)
- 250 grams giniling
- 4 itlog
- 1 sibuyas (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 3 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 2 maliliit na patatas (hiniwa ng dice)
- 1 maliit na carrot (hiniwa ng dice)
- 2 kutsara ng red bell peppers (hiniwa ng dice)
- 1 kutsara ng oyster sauce
- 2 – 3 kutsara ng tubig
- asin at paminta
- mantika (pangprito)
- Magpainit ng mantika at igisa ang sibuyas at bawang ng ilang segundo hanggang maging light brown.
- Ilagay ang giniling na baboy at igisa hanggang mag-iba ang kulay. Ilagay ang oyster sauce at tubig. Haluin ng konti. Hayaan itong maluto ng 5 – 8 minuto gamit ang katamtamang apoy.
- Ilagay ang patatas at carrots. Haluin ng mabuti. Budburan ng asin at paminta. Hayaan itong maluto ng 3 – 5 minuto hanggang maluto ang mga gulay.
- Ilagay ang mga red bell peppers at haluin. Patayin ang apoy at palamigin ang giniling.
- Batihin ang mga itlog sa isang bowl. Ilagay ang giniling at haluin.
- Magpainit ng mantika. Kumuha ng isang scoop ng torta mixture at iprito gamit ang mababang katamtamang apoy. Baliktarin para maluto ang kabilang side.
- Ilipat ang mga tortang giniling sa isang serving plate kasama ng mainit na kanin. Enjoy!