This Oreo Cookie Cake is a delicious cake made by using just 3 ingredients Oreo cookies, Milk, and baking powder. Optionally you can add All purpose cream and oil. This recipe will show you Oreo cookies aren’t just an on the go fan favourite sweet iconic snack, but is an amazing fun secret ingredient to make your cakes, cookies, and other dessert. These addictively “wonderfilled” snack are not only great to incorporate into your daily desserts or cheat days, but are a great and easy way to make a simple cake
A short History of the Oreo Cookies
The Oreo cookie was created in 1912 by Nabisco is a manufacturer of cookies and snacks. Nabisco even has a number of cookies with flowery names such as Avena, Helicon, and Lotus. Oreos were actually a clone ‘Hydrox’ another cookie introduced in the 1908 that was a chocolate wafer sealed with vanilla fondant orated and designed with scrolls, laurels and flowers. When Oreo came into the market it surpassed the Hydrox with it’s minor change of design, a simple laurel designed around the cookie with the name ‘Oreo’ emblemized in the middle. There have been different theories on why the cookie was named ‘Oreo’, some say it was derived from the French word ‘or’ which meant gold, or the company just luckily made a name that was easy and catchy to pronounce. Others state that similar to the flowery names given to Nabisco’s cookies Hydrox is an Oreodaphne genus, which may be where they took the name, a little wordplay made by the creators of the cookie.
Through the years, the cookie design of the Oreo has changed as well as the packaging. Following trends and making it more detailed. The version of Oreos we know now actually just made their way into groceries in 1953. Dubbed as “Milk’s favorite cookie’ the Oreo Biscuit went on an became globally renowned, available in a hundred countries, being dubbed as the “world’s Best selling Cookie’ with limited edition cookies made yearly. There have been 450 billion Oreos produced worldwide since it’s birth in 1912 and has been growing since. There’s even a National Oreo Day that get celebrated on March 10. On this day people create and enjoy Oreo varieties like; double stuffed introduced in1974 that has double the amount of the normal filling, Most stuffed with 4 times the filling, the Golden Oreo with vanilla flavored cookies made in 2004, Oreo Mini familiarly seen in kid’s snacks these were bite sized Oreo cookies that were discontinued in 1990’s and rereleased with more flavors in the 2000’s, Oreo thins a ‘fancy’ looking Oreo with flavors like golden and tiramisu and had 66% thinner cookies than the original, there is even a Gluten Free cookie to suits those that needs to have a gluten free diet. Limited editions that no one other than the Oreo cookie has made were cookie dough, root beer float, pumpkin, red velvet, S’mores, caramel coconut and even brands and stars like Supreme, Lady Gaga, Team USA, Reese, Android, and Dairy Queen. To Oreo themed desserts like ice cream, shaved ice, chocolate, brownies, yougurts, and milkshakes, a beloved snack that has limitless possibilities.
Why add Oreos to desserts? Why try this Oreo Cookie Cake?
Oreo cookies may be the most well known cookies around the world. Save for the homemade chocolate chip cookies, Oreo are easily available even without a need of a kitchen, a quick snack on the go, be incorporated to suit different recipes, molded to wonderful desserts like ice cream bars, pints, and many more! From double stuffed to a multitude of flavors and limited edition Oreos, you can surely find a flavor that suits you. Loved by kids and adults alike, these wonderful sweet cream filled cookies are perfect with a tall glass of milk and just gives you good vibes in every bite!
Try this Oreo Cookie Cake recipe out yourself and enjoy all it’s cookie, chocolaty sweet goodness!
Oreo Cookie Cake (with just 3 ingredients)Course: DessertCuisine: American
A sweet and easy 3-ingredient dessert with Oreo cookies!
1 – 2 packs or 27-33 pieces of Oreo cookies
1 ½ cup milk
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all purpose cream (optional)
oil for greasing (optional)
* this recipe makes for one ‘cookie’ side
- Separate the cookies and cream. Set the cream aside. Pour the warm milk over the cookie, mixing this till it turns smooth and feels a bit thick. Add baking powder and mix well.
- Prepare the baking tray or mold. If you are using a mold place this over a tray. Grease the tray or mold, pour the batter and tap the mold 3 times.
- Bake in a 350°F or 175°C oven for 12 to 15 minutes. After baking let this cool to room temperature before removing it from the mold. Place this on rack to cool fully.
- For the syrup: melt the crème filling in the microwave for 15 – 20 seconds. Mix till it looks like a syrupy texture.
- For the frosting (optional): add the crème filling with a cup of all purpose cream and whip till it doubles in size.
- To arrange the cake; place the base layer, spread the cream frosting above, and top with another layer if you made another cookie layer.
- Make sure to chill the cake before serving to make it easier to slice.
- Another alternative is using Cream-o or even Presto cookies as an Oreo substitute.
- Make sure that the all purpose cream has been chilled overnight.
- If you don’t want to bake the cookie recipe, remove the baking soda and freeze the Oreo cookies in the fridge, though this will have a refrigerator cake texture rather than a cake texture.
- Lessen the cream to ½ cup if you want the cookie cake to look less stuffed.
Oreo Cookie Cake recipe (tagalog)
- 1 – 2 packs o 27-33 pirsaso ng Oreo cookies
- 1 ½ tasa gatas
- 1 ½ kutsaritang baking powder
- 1 tasa all purpose cream (optional)
- oil for greasing (optional)
* Ang recipie na ito ay nakakagawa ng 1 pantig ng ‘cookie cake’.
- Ihiwalay ang mga cookie at cream. Itabi ang cream. Ilgay ang ang gatas sa cookie, haluin hanggang makinis at maypagkakapal ang batter. Ihalo ang baking powder at haluin ng mabuti.
- Maghanda ng baking tray o molde. Paggagamit ng molde ilugar ito sa ibabaw ng tray. Ilagay ang batter sa molde at tapikin ng 3 beses.
- Ibake ng 350°F o 175°C oben ng 12 o 15 minuto. Palamigin ito bago tangalin sa molde, palamigin ulit sa ibabaw ng rack.
- Para sa syrup: tunawin ang cream sa microwave ng 15 – 20 na segundo. Haluin hanggang magmukang syrup.
- Para sa frosting (opsyonal): ihalo ang cream filling sa all purpose cream at batihin hanggang magdoble ng laki.
- Para ayusin ang keyk; ilagay ang ibaba na keyk, ipahid ang cream frosting sa taas, at ilagay ang pangibabaw na keyk kug gumawa ng 2 na cookie keyk.
- Siguraduhing na pinalamig ang keyk para mas mabilis itong hatiin.