Who doesn’t love a slice of chocolate cake? We can’t deny the allure of a chocolate cake. For this No bake chocolate cake there no need to spend some cash to but an oven. With just a steamer or even a makeshift steamer. You can make this quick and easy 3-ingredient cake with an easy microwave chocolate frosting at home to sweeten your day.
What makes the Chocolate so iconic?
With so many choices of cakes in the world why is chocolate cake still the most beloved and best choice to choose? The wonderful chocolate cake in the form of many additional flavors, shapes, sizes, and textures even has its own day dated January 27thto celebrate everyone’s love of this dear chocolate cake deliciousness.
Chocolate cake is obviously made with chocolate or flavored with melted chocolate or cocoa powder, and even for some cakes raw cacao. The history of chocolate cakes dates back to the 7thcentury there cocoa powder from America was added to traditional cake recipes. It was in 1828 by Coenraad van Houten from the Netherlands who developed a way to extract fat from cacao to make cacao butter and a compacted mass of solid known as ‘rock cacao’ or powder. This process helped transform chocolate from a luxury good into an inexpensive way to add them into daily snacks. It was in 1879 when Rodolphe Lindt found a way to make it easier to bake with chocolate that helped make a nicely smoothed chocolate that melded well with cake batter. In 1890 to 1900 chocolate drinks became popular and the presence of chocolate can only be found in fillings and gazes of cakes. And again in 1886 American cooks started adding chocolate into cake batter. It became popular again in 1948 when Pillsbury introduced cake mixes which made it very easy for cooks and home cooks to make since all you would need is water or milk, some eggs to mix in and bake. From Devil’s food chocolate cake, Chocolate decadence, molten chocolate cake, lava cakes, using chocolate bars like Kit Kats or Reeses, Mars bards added in cakes, using cookies or brownie layered, chocolate mousses, from flourless to eggless, chocolate cakes have been added at least once to anyone’s favorite dessert list.
How to make this No Bake Chocolate Cake?
For a no bake cake of just 3 ingrdients, all you need are your choice of cookies like cream-o or even Oreo, baking powder to help rise the cake, and warm fresh milk or for a sweeter choice evaporated milk. Missed into a smooth batter that’s poured over an oil or butter greased cake pan that’s been lined with parchment at the bottom. Tapped to release any air bubbles and covered with foil to make sure that there wont be any water droplets dripping over the cake, steamed for a few minutes or till the cake is ready, cooled over a plate or rack to make it easier to spread the ganache made of chocolate chips and all purpose cream melted in the microwave and mixed till its thickened. After the ganache has covered the cake, top it with more chocolate or cookie crumbs to make it prettier and now it’s ready!
Chocolate cake has the best of both worlds. From being with fluffy to moist and indulgent. Its something we find ourselves eating as a celebratory cake for birthdays, weddings, get together, to holidays like Christmas new Year and many other days, or even on days where we just want a slice of tasty sweet cake to lift our spirits.
Try out this easy cake with just a mix of 3 ingredients, steamed and decorated with a simple ganache and topped with more chocolate on top.
No Bake Chocolate CakeCourse: Dessert
a sweet no oven dessert with just a few ingredients
1 cup evaporated milk or fresh milk
1 pack Cream-o cookies
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup chocolate chips
¼ cup all purpose cream
cooking oil or butter
- Take out the cookies from the pack and place them in a Ziploc bag. Crush these to fine crumbs and place them in a bowl.
- Mix the crushed cookies with baking powder. Add evaporated milk and whisk till smooth.
- Prepare a pan and grease this with butter or oil. Place a parchment at the bottom and pour in the batter. Tap to remove bubbles. Cover the top with foil.
- Prepare a steamer and place the cake pan in. steam for 45 minutes at medium heat.
- Take the pan off the heat, take the cake out of the pan and remove the parchment. Let it cool.
- For the ganache; Place chocolate chips and all purpose cream in a bowl. Heat this in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Mix well.
- Pour the ganache over the cake, spread this evenly.
- Decorate with cookie crumbs and chocolate chips if you’d like. Take a slice and enjoy.
- Use warm or hot evaporated milk or fresh milk to get a smoother batter.
- To check if the cake is ready, poke the middle of the cake with a toothpick. This should come out clean or with dry bits.
No Bake Chocolate Cake recipe (tagalog)
- 1 tasa evaporated milk o fresh milk
- 1 packete Cream-o cookies
- 1 kutsaritang baking powder
- ½ tasa chocolate chips
- ¼ tasa all purpose cream
- mantika o mantikilya
- Tangalin ang mga cookies sa pakete at ilagay ito sa Ziplock bag. Durugin ang mga ito at ilagay sa isang mangkok.
- Ihalo ang dinurug na cookies at baking powder. Ibuhos ang evaporated milk at haluin hangang makinis ang itsura.
- Ihanda ang pan at igrasa ito ng mantika o mantkilya. Lagyan gn parchment paper sa ibaba at ibuhos ang batter. Tapikin para mawalan ng bula. Takpan ang itaas ng foil.
- Sa hinandang steamer na may katamtamang init, ilugar ang keyk pan dito. Isteam ng 45 na minuto.
- Tanggalin ang pan sa init, tangalin ang keyk sa pan at tangalin din ang parchment. Palamigin.
- Para sa ganache; ihalo ang chocolate chips at all purpose cream at initin ito sa microwave ng 2 o 3 minuto.
- Ibuhos ang ganache sa keyke at ipantay ang pagkalat nito.
- Dekorasyonan ng cookie crumbs at chocolate chips kung gusto. Ihati at ienjoy.