Who wouldn’t love the soft, super moist Chocolate Cake? This is every chocolate-lover craving and if you’re one of them, this moist chocolate cake with Brigadeiro frosting recipe is for you.
How to Cook Moist Chocolate Cake
We will start with making the chocolate cake. First, we have to combine the dry ingredients including the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Sifting the dry ingredients will make sure that it is free of lumps. After combining the dry ingredients, add the liquid ingredients like egg, milk and oil. Mix it to combine.
After mixing, hot water with coffee powder will then be added to the mixture. The hot water will make the chocolate cake sooo moist. The coffee powder will intensify that chocolate flavor, but if you are not into coffee, you may skip adding. Stir the mixture while adding the hot coffee until you get a thin cake batter.
Pour the batter to the baking pan. In this recipe, I used 3 aluminum baking pans with the size of 6 inches by 2 inches. Since I used small round pans, I divided the batter into 3 equal parts.
BAKING MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE
If you have oven, you can bake this chocolate cake. Pre-heat your oven to 175 c or 350F. then, Bake the cake for 20 to 25 minutes. The cooking time may change depending on the size of the baking pan used or the thickness of the batter. In this recipe, the chocolate cake is ready by 25 minutes. To check if the cake is cooked, poke it with toothpick. If it comes out clean then it’s ready.
STEAMING MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE
For those who don’t have oven, you can steam this chocolate cake. First, cover the baking pan with aluminum foil. This will make sure that the steaming water will not drip to the cake while steaming. Make sure that the water is already boiling before putting the cake. Steam for 25 to 30 minutes.
The cooking time may change depending on the size of the baking pan used or the thickness of the batter. In this recipe, the chocolate cake is ready by 30 minutes. To check if the cake is cooked, poke it with toothpick. If it comes out clean then it’s ready.
As for the frosting, you can use any of your favorite or go-to frosting. But in this recipe, I used Brigadeiro frosting. It is very tasty and easy to make. You only need a few ingredients and it is ready in no time. It is mainly made of condensed milk, evaporated milk, cornstarch and cocoa powder. Other ingredients are optional but they do add some flavor.
Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
This below moist chocolate cake recipe will guide you with step by step by step procedures and instructions to make the best moist chocolate cake you ever tasted. Moist chocolate cake is very popular and tasty, and people from all over the world really love it
Moist Chocolate Cake with Brigadeiro FrostingCourse: Cake Recipes
- FOR THE CAKE
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup oil (any cooking oil)
3/4 cup liquid milk (evaporated, whole or full cream milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coffee powder
1/2 cup hot water
- FOR BRIGADEIRO FROSTING
1 can condensed milk (390g)
1/4 cocoa powder
1 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift to remove lumps. Then, add the sugar. Mix until well-combined.
- Add the egg, oil, milk and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix until well-combined. Make sure that it’s smooth and no lumps.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the coffee powder in hot water. Stir until the coffee is fully dissolved. Pour the hot mixture to the chocolate cake mixture while stirring. The batter will be very thin. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the cake mixture to the baking pan. I used 6×2 inches baking pan and divided the mixture into 3 equal parts.
- TO BAKE: Preheat oven to 175C. Bake the cake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean (Cooking time depends on the pan size and thickness or the mixture.)
- TO STEAM: Cover the baking pan with foil. Steam for 25 to 30 minutes using medium heat. (Cooking time depends on the pan size and thickness or the mixture.)
- After baking or steaming the cake, set aside and let them cool.
- COOKING THE FROSTING
- In a sauce pan, pour the condensed milk. Add evaporated milk, cocoa powder and cornstarch. Stir and mix until all powder is dissolved.
- Cook in medium heat for a few minutes until the sauce becomes thick. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Once the mixture is thickened, turn off the heat. Add the butter and vanilla extract. Stir until well-combined. Pour the frosting over the cakes while still hot. Let it cool before adding any topping.
- Top with desired topping. I added some chocolate chips.