Looking for a snack to entertain your kids? Try making these mini pancakes as meryenda for them. Its playful cute size and balanced sweetness will definitely cause them to eat more!
Mini Pancakes (Pancake Cereal)
Pancakes is an old-fashioned recipe that will never be out of our grandmas’ cookbooks. Based on my research, this recipe has been the earliest cereal food to be enjoyed in family tables in ancient times. As we know it, this kind of cake has its typical flat round form and egg-milk-flour ingredients. This is a classic recipe that is still being served all around the world.
Now, what is special with this recipe? It’s the interesting kid-friendly size. There’s obviously nothing wrong with a regular pancake. It tastes good but it might look extra intimidating and huge in our children’s eyes. This mini pancake will surely interest them because the cute size will make them feel that this yummy treat is specially customized.
How to Make Mini Pancakes
Anyone can make a simple yet luscious batter for pancakes within minutes. Just like most of parents, you must be busy with overloaded work which robs a lot of your time. Of course, you can opt to have some snack delivered for your requesting kids. But there is no better meryenda than something personally made by you.
Cooking some mini pancakes require the ingredients that are already found in the kitchen. Try finding flour, baking powder, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, and butter. First off, sift in a big bowl the flour and baking powder to remove the lumps. Then add the sugar, milk, and large eggs. Put enough amount of oil or a slice of butter, vanilla extract, and a bit of salt. Mix well and set aside. After 10 minutes, you can now transfer the batter into a squeeze bottle for easy cooking later.
To cook the mini pancakes, preheat the pan and grease it with some butter or oil. Get the squeeze bottle of your batter. This is the fun part, start squeezing gently to create small round pancakes. Make sure to leave slight spaces between each pancake so to prevent sticking from one another. After a few seconds, neatly flip individual mini pancakes using sticks. You can now transfer these cute snacks onto plates and enjoy.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 easpoon baking powder
2 tablespoon sugar
1 cup milk
1 large egg
1 tablespoon oil or melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, sift the baking powder, all purpose flour, and sugar to remove the lump parts. Mix well.
- Crack the large egg and pour the milk into the mixture. Add a teaspoon of oil or melted butter and enough amount of vanilla extract. Dredge with enough salt. Stir until well-combined.
- Now that the batter is ready, transfer it into an easy squeeze bottle.
- Heat the skillet then grease with oil. Gently squeeze the bottle of pancake batter to into small rounds. Make sure to have slight spaces between to prevent sticking from one another.
- Flip individual pieces after a few seconds in the pan. Transfer onto a wide platter.
- Enjoy with your favorite syrup!