Ginisang sardinas with misua is a quick hack to make your canned sardines healthier and literally MORE. Your favorite sardines in tomato sauce is cooked with the soft and silky misua noodles and some malunggay leaves. It is good not only for your health but also to your wallet. More especially, you can prepare this dish in minutes! Try ginisang sardinas with misua today!
GINISANG SARDINAS WITH MISUA
Canned sardines are probably one of the stocked food items always present in every kitchen’s pantry. A can of sardines commonly has 5 to 6 pieces of preserved sardines which can feed one or three persons. Aside from being tasty and affordable, one of the most notable features of canned sardines is its long shelf-life. In regard to this, canned sardines and other processed canned products are sometimes not encouraged to serve daily because of its high sodium content.
Canned sardines is a must have for our pantry especially for emergency purposes and those tipid days. It is always a challenge to me to make our sardines way healthier whenever I need to prepare some for my family. Sautéed sardines is one of the basic ways on how to make canned sardines more palatable to eat. During those tipid days, expanding a can of sardines is very useful especially if you need to feed a whole family. One way to make a can of sardines enough for about 6 people is to add some noodles to it like sotanghon and misua. For me, I like the misua better because of its soft and silky texture. Also, you can add any leafy green vegetable you want. Like in this recipe, I added malunggay leaves which I just got from our backyard. Super tipid!
Even if the ginisang sardinas has already carbs in it from the noodles, you can also still serve it with rice! I personally like my sardines prepared this way so I can enjoy it without the fear of too much salt. If you like a quick guide on how to prepare ginisang sardinas with misua, Yummy Kitchen got your back!
HOW TO MAKE GINISANG SARDINAS WITH MISUA
Start by sautéing your canned sardines. This step is similar to other sautéed dishes where you sauté the aromatics and then add your main ingredient. Add some water to the dish and then the misua noodles. Be careful in handling the misua noodles since they are very brittle and delicate. Once your noodles are cooked, add your leafy greens of choice. I used malunggay leaves in this recipe. When everything is set, your ginisang sardinas with misua is now ready to serve. You can enjoy it as a soup or serve it with hot steaming rice. Enjoy!
Ginisang Sardinas with MisuaCourse: Easy Meals, Fish Recipes
1 can sardines
1 pack (100g) misua
1 small onion (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 small tomatoes (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
3 to 4 cups water (adjust as needed)
malunggay leaves (optional)
oil (for sautéing)
- Heat some oil in a pan. Sauté the onion, garlic and tomatoes until light brown and fragrant. Press the tomatoes gently to crush.
- Add the sardines and sauté for a minute.
- Add some water depending on how saucy you want the dish to be.
- Add the misua noodles and let it cook until soft. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add malunggay leaves and let it cook for a few minutes (optional).
- Transfer the ginisang sardinas with misua in a serving bowl and serve with some hot steaming rice. Enjoy!
Paano Magluto ng Ginisang Sardinas na May Miswa
- 1 lata ng sardinas
- 1 pack (100g) misua
- 1 maliit na sibuyas (hiniwa)
- 3 butil ng bawang (hiniwa)
- 2 maliliit na kamatis (hiniwa)
- asin at paminta
- 3 – 4 tasa ng tubig (i-adjust kung kinakailangan)
- dahon ng malunggay (optional)
- mantika (pang-gisa)
- Magpainit ng mantika at igisa ang sibuyas, bawang at kamatis hanggang maging light brown. I-press ng madahan ang kamatis para mas lumasa.
- Ilagay ang sardinas at igisa ng isang minuto.
- Maglagay ng tubig depende sa kung gaano ka-saucy mo gusto ang iyong sardinas.
- Ilagay ang misua noodles at hayan itong maluto hanggang lumambot. Haluin paminsan-minsan para hindi masunog.
- Budburan ng asin at paminta. Maglagay ng dahon ng malunggay at lutuin ng ilang minuto (optional).
- Ilipat ang ginisang sardinas with misua sa isang serving bowl at ihain kasama ang mainit na kanin. Enjoy!