Sweet and spicy shrimp is a mouth-watering shrimp recipe, made with sautéing shrimp in a sauce made with butter, garlic, chili flakes, banana ketchup, sugar, salt and pepper. Sweet and spicy shrimp is very popular in Philippines, so Level up your shrimp with a hint of sweet, spice and everything nice!
SWEET AND SPICY SHRIMP
Sweet and spicy dishes commonly uses pork and chicken. But what if we use the most famous seafood? Shrimp sounds interesting.
If you are looking for a seafood recipe which can be prepared in ten minutes, you are in the right blog. Sweet and spicy shrimp dish can be a good afternoon snack, an appetizer to your dinner or the actual ulam for lunch or dinner. This dish uses large shrimps which are sautéed in lots of garlic and is coated with some sweet and hot homemade sauce. The shrimps are best eaten by hands while the yummy sauce is dripping. Know how to make this mouth-watering recipe by reading the steps below.
HOW TO COOK SWEET AND SPICY SHRIMP
This sweet and spicy shrimp this is so easy to prepare. Make sure to acquire the freshest shrimp you can find. I recommend buying from a fisherman so you’re sure that the shrimps are fresh and are newly-caught. Some people remove the shrimp shells before cooking. I’d like to keep it since the shells hold some sauce, making the shrimp more juicy and flavorful.
To start with the sweet and spicy shrimp, sauté the shrimp in garlic butter and season it with some chili flakes. The amount of chili flakes depend on how spicy you want the dish to be. Make the sweet sauce by combining banana ketchup and sugar. The sauce is already thick so all you needed to do is to gently toss to coat the shrimps well. Your shrimp dish is done!
Sweet and Spicy ShrimpCourse: Seafood
½ kilo shrimp
¼ cup butter
1 bulb of garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons banana ketchup
2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
salt and pepper to taste
- Melt some butter in a pan. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant and light brown. Add the shrimps and sauté for 2 minutes. Sprinkle some chili flakes.
- Add the banana ketchup and sugar. Stir gently until well-combined. Season with salt and pepper. Stir for 30 seconds until the shrimps are well-coated with the sauce.
- Transfer the sweet and spicy shrimp to a serving plate. Sprinkle some chopped spring onions on top before serving. You may papak the shrimps or serve it with hot steaming rice. Enjoy!
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Recipe (TAGALOG)
- ½ kilo ng hipon
- ¼ tasa ng butter
- 1 buong bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 2 kutsara ng banana ketchup
- 2 – 3 kutsara ng asukal
- chili flakes
- Tunawin ang butter sa isang kawali. Igisa ang bawang hanggang maging light brown. Ilagay ang mga hipon at igisa ng 2 minuto. Budburan ng chili flakes.
- Ilagay ang banana ketchup at asukal at haluin ng mabuti. Budburan ng asin at paminta at haluin ng 30 segundo hanggang malagyan ng sauce ang bawat hipon.
- Ilipat ang sweet and spicy shrimp sa isang serving plate. Budburan ng hiniwang spring onions sa ibabaw bago ihain. Papakin o ihain kasama ang mainit na kanin. Enjoy!