This Chicken Wings con Sarsa is a savory, healthy and filling dish that will make you and ay one who tries a bite go ‘ohhh’ and ‘ahhh’ with delight! A tasty easiy to do dish that just a minimum of 11 ingredients you can find at home. A versatile delicious and flavorful dish you can make in just a few minutes, with suit any of your side dish, and can be changed up to suit your mood for the day.
What is a Chicken Wings con Sarsa?
Sarsa is a Filipino tern used to call any ‘sauce’ dishes. This Chicken con Sarsa for example translates to chicken with sauce, Lagang Baka con Sarsa is a Filipino styled soup made with beef and vegetables completed with a side dish of boiled squash, kamote, banana, and eggplant, with some garlic and vinegar that’s all mashed and mixed together and many more dishes. This term can also be used to call a sauce or a dip to be paired with the main dish. One such sauce that’s famous around the Philippines is the ‘toyomansi’ which is a combination of the coy sauce and calamansi, adding vinegar, fish sauce, banana ketchup, or even bagoong to the mix depending on what the main dish will be. But mostly if the word ‘sarsa’ is added into the dish or beside the name of the meat, it because its been slathered with simmered or cooked with the meats or vegetables.
How to do this delightful chicken dish?
These Chicken con Sarsa or Chicken wings con Sarsa can be easily made by just preparing your chicken wings, with or without skin. Cleaning them then seasoning with salt and pepper, you can also add any herbs or spices you like to add more flavor, some herbs you can try are thyme, basil, rosemary, it really depends on who you like your chicken to taste like, for more Asian taste add Korean chili flakes or shichimi as Japanese 7 spice powder, adding simple seasonings like garlic powder and or onion powder is also a nice touch. After massaging the seasonings to the chicken add in an egg and make sure all the chicken are fully coated. Prepare a bowl full of flour and dip the chicken in this is to help you make the skin or just the over all coating crisp. These are set aside to prepare a pot full of hot oil. Fry the chicken making sure not to fry them all at the same time so that they wont stick together. This also helps keep the temperature at bay. Adding too much may lower the temperature and take too much time to fry and may burn the outer coating. These are then set aside on a rack to cool and remove any excess oil. You can also place them over a plate with kitchen towels over this to absorb the oil. To make the nice barbeque like sauce, melt the butter in a pan, sautéing aromatics like onions, adding the ketchup frying this a bit then adding water to dilute, making it easier to mix with the chicken wings later on, add in sugar for sweetness and fish sauce to give that tangy taste. The chicken wings are then tossed back into the pan, mix will all the chicken wings are glossy with the sauce. Take it out to serve on a platter and decorate with spring onions for some color.
These chicken wings in Sarsa are an easy fix to your quick flavorful chicken craving and are a great quick to do dish for unexpected company. Great with a side of steaming white rice.
Chicken con SarsaCourse: Main, Lunch
A savory healthy chicken goodness
½ kilo chicken wings
1 & ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1 cup cooking oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium sided onion (chopped)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
- Clean the chicken and place them in a bowl, mix in1 teaspoon black pepper and salt. Add an egg and mix well.
- In another bowl, place the flour in and dredge the chicken wings. Set aside.
- In a pan at medium heat, pour in oil and fry the chicken wings flipping each side after 2 minutes or till it turns golden brown. Set aside.
- In another pan at medium heat, melt butter, sauté the onions, add ketchup and mix well. Add water, sugar, ½ teaspoon pepper, and fish sauce. mix well.
- Add back the fried chicken wings and toss it around the sauce till it’s well coated.
- Serve garnished with spring onions.
Chicken con Sarsa is a dish that really simple you can make it your own at home and give it your own spin. Adding different spices, herbs, making it sweeter, saltier, or spicy. This recipe is just a quick and easy blueprint that even amateur homemakers can handle. Just make sure not to leave the chicken frying for so long and your sure to make a delightfully yummy dish. Serve this with a side of white rice or garlic fried rice to make it a really nice full meal, or make it in the weekends to enjoy ala carte with other main dishes with family and friends.
Chicken con Sarsa recipe (tagalog)
- ½ kilo pakpak ng manok
- 1 at ½ kutsaritang paminta
- 1 kutsarang asin
- 1 itlog
- 1 tasa harina
- 1 tasa mantika
- 1 kutsatang mantikilya
- 1 katamtamang laking sibuyas (tinadtad)
- 1 tasa ketchup
- 1/2 tasa tubig
- 1 kutsarang asukal
- 1 kutsaritang patis
- 1 tangkal dahon ng sibuyas (tinadtad)
- Linisin ang mga manok at ilugar ang mga ito sa mangkok, haluan ito ng 1 kutsarang paminta at asin. Pagkatapos haluan din ito ng itlog.
- Sa ibang mangkok, lagyan ito ng harina at isawsaw ang mga manok dito. Itabi.
- Sa kawali na may katamtamang init, lagyan ito ng mantika, initin at iprito ang mga pakpak ng manok ng 2 minuto bawat gidli o hanggang magkayumanggi. Itabi.
- Sa ibang kawali na may katamtamang init, tunawin ang mantikilya, lutuin ang sibuyas, dagdagan ng ketchup at haluin ng manuti. Dagdagan ng tubig, asukal, ½ kutsarang paminta, at patis. Haluan ng mabuti.
- Isama ang mga prinitong pakpak ng manok at haluin hanggang natakpan ang lahat ng ito ng sauce.
- Ihanda na dinekorasyonan ng dahon ng sibuyas.