Microwave Chocolate Cake is a sweet and fluffy cake that cake doesn’t need an oven, and is an eggless cake. It is made off All purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, oil and water, And is frosted by a frosting mixture made by Chocolate and all purpose cream. It’s also a great way to make freshly ‘baked’ desserts and delicacies to share with family and friends. Try out this Microwave Chocolate Cake recipe and have yourself a slice of a freshly baked chocolate cake to keep your energy up.
A short History on the Microwave
A microwave oven is a kitchen appliance that is used to heat up food. This convenient food heater was actually invented by accident. In 1934 there was a theory that high-frequency electric field could be used for heating. Between 1937 and 1940 Sir John Turton Randall, a British physicist together with some British coworkers developed a multi-cavity magnetron which allowed a small enough wavelength of electromagnetic waves to be produced and with the development of the radar the Magnetron was made and given to the United States government in 1940 of September for finance and industrial help in the Second World War. This was then given to companies contracted by the U.S. government. Percy Spencer one of the world’s leading experts in the radar tube design during that time noticed that the chocolate bar he had in his pocket was melting while he worked on the radar set. While he wasn’t the first to notice he was the first to get intrigued. He then tried to expose popcorns, which popped from the heat, and even eggs exploded. And thus started the invention of the microwave that was a metal box enclosed with a high-density electromagnetic field generator to allow for a safe and controlled experimentation. Patented in October 1945 with a few prototypes and in 1970’s it’s become kitchen equipment used by almost every household.
Why this Microwave Chocolate Cake can be just as good
There are about a million of microwave recipes online. Cakes come is every kind of flavor you desire. Being a perfect treat to give yourself after a hard day’s work, to celebrations, and a snack to share with family and friends. This scrumptious dessert is a scene-stealer that you can now make without shelling out big bucks to buy an oven. Al you need are just a few items like, sifted all purpose flour, cocoa powder to give you that chocolate-y taste, and baking powder to help the cake rise. These are then mixed with wet ingredients like oil to keep the batter moist and water to bind everything altogether. Baked in the microwave oven for just a few minutes. Taken out to cool or to be served warm. You can also make this frosting while waiting for the cake to cool down, or make the frosting beforehand to make sure it’s thickened. Just mix a warm all purpose cream and chocolate in a microwavable bowl till all the chocolates have melted or there are no white streaks left. Additionally you can also heat it up as many times as needed till you get that nice smooth texture. Let this rest in the fridge to make it thick. Poured and spread all over the cooled chocolate cake and decorated with cocoa powder if you’d like! These are perfect for those who don’t have an oven available or are living in dorms. Nip that craving in the bud and have a wonderful surprise awaiting you in the microwave.
Cakes are a forgivable dessert that can be as technical or effortless and convenient as you like all you need are just a few ingredients and a microwave to heat it all up and you’ll be treated to a delicate cake ready to be frosted and eaten.
5-minutes Microwave Chocolate CakeCourse: Dessert, Snacks
An easy way to make yourself a homemade chocolate cake
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
¾ cup white sugar
1 1/3 cup water
2/3 cup oil
¾ cup chocolate (chopped)
½ cup all purpose cream (warm)
- For the cake; in a bowl sift in the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and white sugar. Mix well.
- Add water and oil. Mix till the batter looks smooth.
- Pour the batter over a microwavable pan. Tap 3 times to spread evenly. Place it in the microwave to ‘bake’ for 3-5 minutes.
- To check if the cake is ready, use a toothpick to poke the middle of the cake. This should come out clean or with dry bits. Set aside to cool.
- Optional frosting; place the chocolates in a microwavable bowl and pour in all-purpose cream. Stir till the chocolate melts or microwave for 15-20 seconds to warm it up. Repeat till it looks smooth.
- Chill in the fridge for 35-50 minutes. Or till it looks thick. Spread this over the cake and decorate with cocoa powder.
- Slice and enjoy!
- If you do the frosting, do this first to chill and reduce cooking time.
- Make sure the cake has cooled so the frosting wont melt when placed.
Microwave Chocolate Cake recipe (tagalog)
- 1 ½ tasa harina
- 2/3 tasa cocoa powder
- 1 kutsarang baking powder
- ¾ tasa puting asukal
- 1 1/3 tasa tubig
- 2/3 tasa mantika
- ¾ tasa tsokolate (tadtad)
- ½ tasa all purpose cream (mainit init)
- Para sa keyk; sa mangkok salain ang harina, cocoa powder, baking powder, at asukal. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Lagyan ng tubig at mantika. Haluin hanggang making makinis ang batter.
- Ibuhos ang batter sa pan na pwedeing imicrowave. Tapikin ng 3 beses para kumalat ng pantay. Ilagay ito sa microwave para ‘mabake’ ng 3-5 minuto.
- Para malaman yung okey na ang keyk, tusukan ito ng toothpick sa gitna ng keyk. Dapat lumabas ito ng malinis o mga tuyo na keyk. Itabi para palamigin.
- Opsyonal na frosting; ilgay ang tsokolate sa microwavable na mangkok, lagyan din ito ng all purpose cream. Hauin hanggang matunaw ang tsokolate. Pwede ding imicrowave ng 15-20 na segundo para initin. Ulitin hanggang mukhang makinis.
- Palamigin sa ref ng 35-50 na minuto. O hanggang kumapal. Ikalat ito sa itaas ng keyk at dekorasyonan ng cocoa powder pang dekor.
- Hatiin at ienjoy!