Braised Chicken is an ultimate recipe to cook chicken that make meat to tender and scrumptious To make braise chicken Chopped chicken pieces are marinated calamansi juice, minced garlic, ground pepper, brown sugar, soya sauce, Banana ketchup and simmer in a pan with butter. This recipe is a sweet braised chicken to tickle your taste buds with sweetness and sourness. So If you are looking for an easy to make recipe to make your dinner time a little bit sweeter, let us give our food a hint of sweetness inside and out with the sweet and savoury combo of the sweet style braised chicken. Best prepared during busy days since all you gotta do is let this dish cook on its own. Best partnered with hot steaming rice!
SWEET BRAISED CHICKEN
Braising is the cooking method which is most suitable for busy persons like me. While there are much more to its definition, braising is a technique where you can simply cook meat in a small amount of liquid (usually the marinade).
Among the braised dishes, chicken dishes are the best ones to use since they cook much quicker and are more tender and absorbs flavor and seasonings more quickly. I usually prepare braised chicken during dinner time where I have less energy to cook than I was during daytime. With this, I usually marinate the chicken in the morning, and then braise them at night. Making the marinade for braised dishes is actually fun, since you have the complete freedom to choose how you want to flavor the meat.
One of my top recommendations for braised dishes is the sweet style braised chicken. Having a sweet viand somehow feels that the food is being calm on me, opposite on the feeling of eating spicy foods which are kicking. With the slight tickle brought about by the sweetness of this dish, it actually improves my appetite and make me much more satisfied with my food.
Aside from the ease of preparation, this dish is also the one I am serving if I have children guests in our home. Usually these kids are picky eaters and sweet viands would really help eat their meals and be fulfilled. If you had this issue before, now is the really sign to make one today.
To know more about this dish, it is actually better to try it out. You may follow the simple and easy steps below. Have fun! 🙂
HOW TO COOK SWEET BRAISED CHICKEN
Making some sweet style braised chicken is one of the easiest yet satisfying recipes you can make with a chicken.
Let us start making this dish by marinating the chicken. This step, together with the ratio of all marinating ingredients, is very fundamental with this dish. All the flavors from the marinade will also serve as the sauce base when braised for later. After marinating, braise the chicken by simmering it with the marinade for 15 minutes for the meat to fully absorb the flavors and seasonings.
As long as the chicken is cooked, it is up to you whether you would consider it done with a bit soupy sauce or cook it a bit longer for an almost reduced thick sauce. I am a fan of the latter one since it is also the point where the chicken renders its natural oils, making the dish look better and more appetizing.
The best part of this recipe would be enjoying it with a lot of hot steaming rice! Yummy!
Sweet Style Braised ChickenCourse: Chicken Recipes
1 whole chicken (chopped)
2 tablespoons calamansi juice (or lemon extract)
6 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon ground pepper
5 tablespoons brown sugar
5 tablespoons soy sauce
3/4 cup banana ketchup
1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Wash and prepare the chicken cuts and place them in a bowl. Add the calamansi juice and massage it with each piece.
- Add the minced garlic, white ground pepper, soy sauce, banana ketchup and brown sugar. Mix until well combined. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap. Let it marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Transfer and arrange the marinated chicken in a pan (with the marinade). Add the unsalted butter. Cover the pan and let it simmer for at least 15 minutes using medium high heat.
- After 15 minutes, lower the heat to medium and stir gently to cook all the pieces evenly. Cover the pan again and let it cook until the sauce is reduced.
- When the oil starts rendering from the chicken and the sauce is reduced, turn the heat off.
- Transfer the sweet style braised chicken to a serving plate and serve together with hot steaming rice! Enjoy!
Sweet-style Braised Chicken Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 buong manok (hiniwa)
- 2 kutsara ng calamansi juice (o lemon juice)
- 6 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 1 durog na paminta
- 5 kutsara ng asukal na pula
- 5 kutsara ng toyo
- 3/4 tas ang banana ketchup
- 1/4 tasa ng unsalted butter
- Linisin at ihanda ang mga manok at ilagay sa isang bowl. Ilagay ang calamansi juice at I-massage ito sa bawat piraso.
- Ilagay ang tinadtad na bawang, paminta, toyo, banana ketchup, at asukal na pula. Haluin ng mabuti. Balutan ng plastic wrap ang bowl at imarinate ito ng isang oras o overnight.
- Ilipat at iayos sa pan ang marinated chicken (isama ang marinade). Ilagay ang unsalted butter. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto ng 15 minuto gamit ang katamtamang mataas na apoy.
- Pagkatapos ng 15 minutes, babaan ang apoy at haluin hanggang maluto ito nang pantay. Takpan ang kawali at lutuin pa ito hanggang umonti ang sabaw.
- Kapag nagmamantika na ang manok at iga na ang sabaw, patayin na ang apoy.
- Ilipat ang sweet style braised chicken sa serving dish at ihain kasama ng mainit na kanin. Enjoy!