The Sweet potato, mostly found orang in color, but some sweet potatoes also come in white, yellow, purpose, red and pink. Have a number of deliciously sweet and savory dishes that can suit so many people as their personal preferences. The recipe below is a great start for many who love sweets but are looking for a healthier alternative. These sweet potato donuts are easy to make, moist, but still a bit fluffy, and can be customized to whatever flavor or style you love.
Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are delicious, easy to cook and add into our diet. From soups, fillers in dishes, as fries, salads, baked goods and many more. These yellow, lightly white or purpose root crops are absolutely amazing. Thee sweet potatoes also have a lot of nutritional benefits, scientists have determined that these little things are great for those who are deficient in vitamin A. Vitamin A is needed by the body to help with the resistance of infections diseases, dry eyes and increased mortality for pregnant and lactating women and children. These also help in managing diabetes; they minimalize the occurrence of insulin resistance and help lower blood sugar levels. The sweet potato is also abundant in fiber, which is beneficial for diabetes management. Its also been learned that these can help with managing stress levels, magnesium found in the sweet potato is essential for the normal functioning of the body, resulting to reduction of stress and anxiety. Magnesium also reduces insomnia especially for older individuals. Sweet potatoes are anti-inflammatory. As relayed before, sweet potatoes have a significant amount of vitamins, they have a high concentration of choline, which responds to the body and reduces inflammation. Some studies even specify that the purpose colored sweet potato contains anthocyanin, which prevents the inflammation in colon cancer cells and well as reduce the cell proliferation of specific cancer cells. The root crop also helps prevent, manage and protect you from cancer. It’s said to the effective in fighting cancer specifically, gastric cancer, colon cancer, and breast cancer. The presence of carotenoids, and beta-carotene, which also helps, reduce the risk of men from being afflicted by prostate cancer. Aside from cancer, sweet potatoes can also help against ulcers and reduce cardiovascular diseases. Sweet potatoes also reduce the chance of coronary disease. All in all these sweet potatoes aren’t only a healthy afternoon or morning snack, not only for diets, are great for digestion, but are popularly used for many health benefits whether consumed normally, added to dishes to fit your taste and needs, and sometimes extracted to specifically treat or prepared to help that body’s needs.
How to make these Sweet potato donuts?
These deliciously healthy and yummy donuts are made by preparing the sweet potatoes, whether orange, white or purple are washed, peeled and boiled to be mashed and mixed with sugar for more sweetness, salt to add to the flavor, all purpose flour to bind them all together, cinnamon powder for that extra touch of taste. You can also change the cinnamon or keep it and mix with other powdered flavorings like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry powder, even using coffee or matcha powdered flavoring. These are mixed till smooth, if it does feel a bit dry, you can always add some milk or water a little by little till you get a nice smooth dough. Flatten this with a rolling pin, cut to your desired shaped or into balls, rolled to a log and formed to a ring or any shape you desire. Fry these into a pan with heated oil, flipping continuously till it turns a nice light brown. Taken out to cool on a rack before dipping in white or dark chocolate or a glaze. Making sure these aren’t so hot it might melt the chocolates or glazes off. Sprinkle with some sprinkles if you’d like.
Make your afternoon more fun and colorful. Give these beautifully mad delicacies a try!
Sweet Potato DonutCourse: Dessert, Snacks
A deliciously healthy and fancy looking donut
¾ kilo sweet potato
1 tablespoon white sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon milk powder
2 tablespoon all purpose cream
dark chocolate chips
white chocolate chips
sprinkles for topping
oil for frying
- Wash, peel, and slice the sweet potatoes to pieces. Boil these ill it becomes soft enough to easily pierce with a knife or fork.
- Take it off the heat, strain and mash the sweet potatoes. Mix in salt, sugar, cinnamon powder, and all purpose flour. Mix till the dough becomes soft and smooth. If not add a tablespoon of milk or water as needed.
- Flatten with a rolling pin, cut the dough in your desired size. Roll them into a ball, roll out into a log and form it into a ring. Pinching the ends together to seal.
- In a saucepan at medium heat, add oil, making sure it’s hot before adding the donuts. Flipping the donuts till it turns light brown. Take it off the pan to cool on a cooling rack to remove excess oil.
- To melt the chocolates; prepare a bowl with hot water, place a smaller bowl filled the white chocolate chips over and let this sit till the chocolate starts to melt. Mix till smooth. Add 1 tablespoon all purpose cream mix well and set aside.
- Similar to the white chocolate, repeat the procedure for the dark chocolate chips. Place it over the warm bowl, whisk, add all purpose cream, whisk well and set aside.
- To make the glaze, in a bowl, mix together powdered sugar, powdered milk, and water. Set aside
- Coat the donuts with the dark chocolate, white chocolate or glaze. Place them back to the rack to cool. You can also decorate them with sprinkles while they’re cooling to make sure it sticks.
These sweet potatoes aren’t just delicious and addicting fun to make. They’re also healthy and great to munch on in the afternoon. They are easy to store in a Ziploc bag or sealed container, and just as easy to take out of the package and have a nice bite out of. Give these delicious bites sized treats a try we’re sure that you and any kids and kids at heart will love.
Sweet Potato Donuts recipe (tagalog)
- ¾ kilo kamote
- 1 kutsarang puting asukal
- ½ kutsaritang asin
- ¾ tasa harina
- 1 kutsaritang cinnamon powder
- 2 kutsarang powdered sugar
- 1 kutsaritang milk powder
- 2 kutsarang all purpose cream
- dark chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- sprinkles pang dekorasyon
- mantika pang prito
- Hugasin, balatan, at hiwain ang mga kamota sa mga piraso. Ikulo ang mga ito hanggang malambot na ito na pwedeng tusukin ng mabilis ng tinidor.
- Tanggalin ito sa init, salain at ibudbod ang mga kamote. Haluan ng asin, asukal, cinnamon powder, at harina. Haluin hanggang malambot at makinis tinganan ang masa. Lagyan ng 1 kitsarang gatas o tubig kung kinakailangan.
- Patagin gamit ang rolling pin, hiwain ng mg piraso. Irolyo ito ng pabola, irolyo ng pahaba at iikot ng hugis singsing. Kurutin ang mga dulo para isara.
- Sa kawali na may katamtamang init, lagyan ng mantika, siguraduhing mainit bago ilagay ang mga donuts. Ibalogtag ang mga donuts hanggang may kayumanggi ng kulay. Tanggalin sa kawali at palamigin sa cooking rack para matanggal ang sobrang mantika.
- Para tunawin ang mga tsokolate; ihanda ang mangkok na may mainit na tubig, ilugar ang mas maliit na mangkok na may white chocolate sa ibabaw nito at patunawin ng konti bago haluin. Lagyan ng 1 kutsarang all purpose cream at haluin ng mabuti. Itabi.
- Parehas ng white chocolate, gawin din ito sa dark chocolate chips. Ilugar ito sa ibabaw ng mainit na mangkok na may tubig, batihin, lagyan ng all purpose cream, haluin at itabi.
- Para gawin ang glaze, sa mangkok, haluin ang powdered sugar, powdered milk, at tubig. Itabi.
- Takpan ang mga donuts ng dark chocolate, white chocolate, o glaze. Ilugar sila sa mga cooling rack para palamigin. Pwede din ito dekorasyonan ng sprinkles habang palamig palang ang mga ito para siguradong didikit ito.