This pizza without oven recipe will show you how to make Pizza in a pan without oven in your home. The pizza base is made with all purpose flour, oil, sugar, yeast and salt and pizza toppings is used are pizza sauce, mozzarella sauce, pepperoni, ham, green bell pepper and red onion. Follow our recipe to make this scrumptious pizza without oven in your home.
Homemade Stovetop Pizza
So, you’re ready to make your own homemade pizza but the problem is you don’t have an oven. Here’s good news for you! This recipe is cooked in a stovetop, in a frying pan. From start to finish, it wouldn’t go through an oven. The result is easy-to-make, crunchy and cheesy pizza that you can make within hours!
How to Cook Stovetop Pizza without Oven?
Whether you’re using a store-bought dough or pizza dough from scratch, you can still cook a pizza without an oven. All you need is a skillet with cover, the pizza dough and your toppings of choice.
If you are using a store-bought pizza dough, just roll it in a floured surface. After rolling, poke with fork (this is to release the air pockets). Then, place the pizza dough in a greased skillet or pan.
Turn on the heat, cover and cook for a few minutes. Then, flip it to cook the other side. This will ensure the firm and crunchy pizza crust (not wet and soggy). After flipping and both sides are cooked, spread some pizza sauce on the top and put the desired toppings plus cheese. Cover again and cook until cheese is melted.
No Oven Pizza Recipe
This stovetop pizza or frying pan pizza recipe will show you in step by step procedure how to make pizza in frying pan. stovetop pizza recipe is one of the best way to make homemade pizza. This is show you how to cook a pizza without an oven and will exactly show you how to make pizza in pan. if you feel adventurous and want to make your own pizza dough from the scratch, see the full recipe below.
How to Cook Pizza without OvenCourse: Snacks
- PIZZA DOUGH (Yield: 8-inch pizza)
1 1/4 cup all purpose-flour
1 tbsp. oil (vegetable, canola or olive oil)
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. instant dry yeast
pinch of salt
- TOPPINGS (use any topping you want)
Pizza sauce (or tomato sauce)
green bell pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, instant dry yeast and salt. Mix until well-combined.
- After mixing, add oil and half of the warm water. Stir until the flour absorbs the water. Then, add the rest of the water. Mix until crumbly.
- Dust your working surface with flour. Then put the crumbly, sticky dough. Knead the dough for around 5 minutes or until smooth. After kneading, the texture must be smooth and pliable.
- Once the right texture is achieved, form the dough into a ball. Grease a bowl with some oil and put the dough in it. Lightly coat the dough with oil. Cover the bowl with kitchen towel or cling wrap. Let it rest for 1 hour or until the dough becomes double in size.
- After 1 hour, when the dough rise, dust your working surface and flatten the dough using a rolling pin or with your hand until you get the right round size and/or thickness. After flattening, poke with fork to remove air pockets.
- Cooking the Pizza without Oven
- Grease a flat pan with some oil. Then place the pizza dough on it. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes in low heat.
- After 7 minutes, flip the dough to cook the other side. Cover again and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- After another 7 minutes, flip the dough again. At this point, you can add your toppings and sauce. Spread some pizza sauce, add the toppings and put some mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the pan and slice. Enjoy!
- If you have oven and you want to bake this, pre-heat your oven to 200C. After flattening the pizza dough, place it in a pizza pan, then poke with fork. At this point, spread the pizza sauce and add the toppings of choice. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 200C.
- In this recipe, I used instant dry yeast. It doesn’t have to be bloomed. If you are going to use active dry yeast, let it bloom first. In a bowl, combine yeast, warm water and sugar. Let it sit for 10 minutes or until it becomes bubbly. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, then pour the yeast mixture on it. That’s when you will start mixing it and kneading.
- Since we will be cooking it using a pan in stovetop, toppings might not be cooked thoroughly with low heat. So, I pre-cooked them and chop before putting on the top of the pizza.
- For more aroma and flavor, sprinkle some Italian or pizza seasoning on the top of the pizza before baking.
- In this recipe, I was able to make 8-inch round pizza. If you want thinner crust, divide it into 2 and flatten it more. Just the same, if you want larger crust, double the ingredients.