A colorful filling dish for an on the go breakfast! Egg burritos are nutritious on the go snack that you can freeze overnight and microwave or heat up in the pan on the next morning. This recipe creates an easy to do breakfast burrito filled with veggies, creamy egg, sweet sauce to complete your mornings!
Eggs for breakfast
The Romans ate breakfast or “ientaculum” which included eggs. Breakfast was one of the cultures they brought to Europe who only ate 2 large meals a day. Nowadays, breakfast has been rooted by the whole world in their culture, making even ‘Brunch’ or eating breakfast for dinner a popular dining experience, because breakfast items are close to drinking culture. One wakes up late in the day with the first meal as breakfast but eaten in the lunch hour. Brunch is also seen as a social outing, which satisfies a lot to make excuses to drink alcoholic beverages in the early mornings. Breakfast also has a bright fun look to it that creates a trend not only on social media but it in the food circle.
For many, breakfast isn’t complete without the sight of eggs, from sunny side ups, hard or soft boiled, and the delicate poached egg. It’s a familiar high protein part of the breakfast family with many health benefits such as boosting metabolism, eyesight, and immunity, eggs are also a good source of cholesterol and omega 3 fatty acids.
Eggs has been part of diet culture since the dawn of time. It keeps the energy level high and keeps the body satisfied due to it rich in protein and fat factors.
Breakfast Egg Burritos
Egg burritos or Breakfast burritos are always varied depending on personal preferences. The creation of this great dish was around the 1970’s in New Mexico. As history suggests, flour tortillas were used because Sonora, Mexico produced a lot of wheat. Which was adopted and filled with rice and beans to make a filling meal. This took off in 1950’s US which were then frozen to be heated when needed, though the name ‘breakfast burrito” was placed on a menu in 1975.
The common breakfast burrito which we usually see now are composed of scrambled eggs, salsa, sauce, an addition of veggies like bell peppers, spinach, corn or meats like sausages, bacon or ham, cheese and hot sauce or Siracha all wrapped in a tortilla and heated in a press or pan to give it a wonderfully charred look, and served with a refreshing glass of juice or packed to be eaten when you arrive iat school or work.
Egg BurritoCourse: Uncategorized
an easy and delicious take on the usual breakfast burrito
- Simple Salsa
½ cup tomatoes (chopped)
½ cup onions (chopped)
1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Sweet Mayo Sauce
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon white sugar
- Scrambled eggs
3 large eggs
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
4 pcs. Tortilla
1 cup bacon or ham
- For the Simple Salsa; mix tomatoes, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside
- For the sweet mayo Sauce; mix mayonnaise, milk and white sugar. Set aside.
- For the scrambled eggs; mix together eggs, salt and milk. Set aside.
- In a pan at medium heat, cook ham or bacon till it changes in color, take these out. Using the remaining oil, cook the scrambled eggs mixture. Continuously mixing till it cooks but still looks a bit wet. Set aside.
- In a new pan, heat a tortilla for 30 seconds on each side. Take this out of the pan and add in Siracha, salsa, bacon or ham, scrambled eggs, sweet mayo sauce, and cheese. Roll from one end till the middle, fold in the sides, and roll till the end.
- Place this back in the pan end side down to brown, once the bottom browns, flip this to brown the top. Once both sides are done take this out of the pan.
- Cut into half before serving.
- To save time freeze this overnight and place them in the microwave for a minute or two to reheat. Or over the pan to warm it up.
- You can also add any ingredients inside like fried rice or hotdogs or chorizo to make it even more filling.
Egg Burrito Recipe (Tagalog)
- 3 large itlog
- ½ kutsaritang asin
- 1/3 tasa gatas
- ½ tasa kamatis (tadtad)
- ½ tasa sibuyas (tadtad)
- 1 kutsarang bawang (tadtad)
- ¼ kutsaritang asin
- ¼ kutsaritang paminta
Sweet Mayo Sauce
- 3 kutsarang mayonnaise
- 1 kutsarang gatas
- 1 kutsarang puting asukal
- 4 pcs. Tortilla
- 1 tasa bacon o ham
- Keso (opsyonal)
- Siracha (opsyonal)
- Para sa simple salsa; haluin ang kamatis, sibuyas, bawang, asin at paminta. Itabi.
- Para sa sweet mayo sauce; haluin ang mayonnaise, gatas, at putting asukal. Itabi.
- Para sa scrambled eggs; haluin ang itlog, asin at gatas. Itabi.
- Sa kalan na maykatamtamamng init, ilugar ang kawali at lutuin ang ham o bacon hangang magiba ng kulay, tanggalin ito. Gamit ang natitirang mantika, lutuin ang scrambled eggs na mixture. Tuloy-tuloy haluin hanggang maluto pero maypagkabasa pa ang itsura. Itabi.
- Sa panibagong kawali na may katamtamamng init, initin ang tortilla ng 30 segundo sa bawad gilid. Tangalin ito sa kawali at lagyan ng Siracha, salsa, bacon o ham, scrambled eggs, sweet mayo sauce, at keso. Igulong ito hangang sa gitna, tiklupin ang magkabilaang dulo and I gulong hanggang dulo.
- Ibalik ito sa kawali para maluto. Ilagay ito na ang dulo ay nasa baba, ibaligtad pag nag kulay kayumangggi na ang baba nito. Tangalin pag ang bawat gilid ay naluto na.
- Hatiin sa dalawa bago ihanda.