This Chocolate cake with rich chocolate ganache frosting is a delectable and tasty cake recipe that doesn’t need oven or egg. This is perfect for those who are not into eggs and don’t have oven at home. All you need is a large pan with lid and a wire rack and you’re good to go.
chocolate cake recipe
This chocolate cake recipe will show you how to make a homemade chocolate cake without oven. This homemade chocolate cake is no egg chocolate cake and comes with chocolate cake ingredients and step by step procedure that is easy to follow. We believe this the best chocolate cake recipe that will help you to create a chocolate cake from scratch
Chocolate Cake (No Oven, No Egg)Course: Cake Recipes
- FOR THE CAKE
1 cup milk (full cream, whole or evaporated)
1 tsp. vinegar
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- FOR GANACHE
1 1/2 cup chocolate (chopped)
3/4 cup all-purpose cream (or whipping cream)
3 tbsp. butter (unsalted)
- FOR SIMPLE SYRUP
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. hot water
- COOKING THE CAKE
- In a bowl, combine the milk and vinegar. Stir and let it sit for 5 minutes or until the milk starts to curdle. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift to remove lumps. Add sugar. Mix well.
- Then, add the oil, milk (milk with vinegar we prepared in step 1), and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to a baking pan lined with baking paper or parchment paper. Tap against the table to remove bubbles.
- Pre-heat the pan with lid for 5 minutes in A VERY LOW HEAT. After 5 minutes, put a heat-proof wire rack then put the baking pan with cake mixture. Cover and “bake” for 40 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- After baking, scrape the sides of the baking pan with knife. Overturn in a cooling rack to cool the cake. Let it cook completely.
- MAKING SIMPLE SYRUP (OPTIONAL)
- In a bowl, put sugar. Pour hot water and dissolve the sugar completely. Let it cool and set aside until ready to use.
- MAKING CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Combine the all-purpose cream and chopped chocolates. Melt using double-boiler or microwave.
- WITH MICROWAVE: put it inside and microwave for 30 seconds in medium. Stir until it melts. Microwave again for 20 seconds until completely melted. Add the butter to melt.
- WITH DOUBLE BOILER: Put a heat-proof bowl on the top of a pot with boiling water. Use the heat coming from the bottom to melt the chocolate and cream. Stir to melt completely. Then add the butter. Stir until melted and glossy.
- CAKE ASSEMBLY
- Put some simple syrup to the chocolate cake to keep it moist.
- Then, pour half of the chocolate ganache while it still pourable. Cover the entire cake. Then chill the cake for 30 minutes to set the chocolate ganache.
- To make the chocolate ganache pipeable, put it in a bowl, then cover with plastic. Make sure that the plastic is touching the chocolate. Then, chill for 20 minutes. After chilling, whisk in high speed for 1 minute. It should be more stable and pipeable.
- Frost and decorate the cake however you want.
Watch how to cook Chocolate Cake (No Oven, No Eggs)
You can bake this recipe in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 30 to 35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Instead of combination of milk and vinegar, use buttermilk. In this recipe, you can use 1 cup of buttermilk.
You can use heavy cream or whipping cream as alternative to all-purpose cream.